Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Treasure Update

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Default Official: Treasure Update

On January 1st, 2021, we'll be making a significant update to treasure gain, specifically in reference to farming. Over the past several months, we've been monitoring treasure gain across all characters and accounts to gather some metrics. We noticed some very specific issues where the top 5% treasure generating characters are earning significantly more than the bottom 95% of characters. As an even more significant example of the problem, one character earned more than the bottom 60% of all characters combined. This activity is detrimental to the gaming environment and causes problems for players who are otherwise not trying to abuse the system for personal gain. It's also a significant issue that causes silver value to be pointless for some characters while others are barely earning any. When we try to price items and services to be worthwhile, we have to factor in both groups and as shown with the raffle prices at the last Ebon Gate, it often causes us to have to unfairly penalize the players that are not making 100s of million silver each month. As such, we will be implementing a system that has soft and hard caps to the amount of treasure an account can earn. Because of the metrics we gathered, we are able to precisely implement this update so that it doesn't affect 95% of players. For the 5% that are affected, when the soft cap is reached, it will apply a penalty to treasure gain that increases as more and more treasure is gained, until the hard cap is reached. We do not plan to share many details of this system, other than what's already stated, to avoid potential abuse of it. We realize this update may be unpopular with some players, but we feel the remaining 95% of players are better served with these restrictions in place.

GameMaster Estild
    Just posted on officials: https://forums.play.net/forums/GemSt...rner/view/1944
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 12-04-2020 at 08:25 PM.

When did Simutronics decide FREEDOM was the ENEMY?!

Blog Entries

Eat the rich.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

>one character earned more than the bottom 60% of all characters combined.

How is that even possible? I've heard last week that they were raking in 300m a week just from the treasure system and was pretty sceptical until this was posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    >one character earned more than the bottom 60% of all characters combined.

How is that even possible? I've heard last week that they were raking in 300m a week just from the treasure system and was pretty sceptical until this was posted.
    It's kind of a misleading statistic. 60% of which characters? ALL characters that logged on in a month, like even for a few minutes like a locker mule or something? Or all characters that earned at least like 100k silvers a month? If it's the former it's a pretty meaningless statistic because I bet there are lots of characters logging in each month who don't earn many silvers or none at all.

Also 300 million silvers a week on one character just from the treasure system sounds literally impossible, even if you were script farming 24/7. I could see a multi-account team of 10 earning that many silvers a week, but again that would have to be pretty heavy scripting approaching 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Also 300 million silvers a week on one character just from the treasure system sounds literally impossible, even if you were script farming 24/7. I could see a multi-account team of 10 earning that many silvers a week, but again that would have to be pretty heavy scripting approaching 24/7.

My first thought was "one of these groups of MA scripters probably has 1 account loot which is what I think you're seeing here. The data would show 1 character making a TON of money but now they will have five characters loot. It will be a slight inconvenience because the looter probably is best equipped to deal with encumbrance but overall what we'll see is all that loot being split by the number of accounts and at that point they may not hit the cap at all. So little will probably change in the amount generated overall, but the stats will show a big drop off per account.
    Last edited by Drew; 12-06-2020 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's kind of a misleading statistic. 60% of which characters? ALL characters that logged on in a month, like even for a few minutes like a locker mule or something? Or all characters that earned at least like 100k silvers a month? If it's the former it's a pretty meaningless statistic because I bet there are lots of characters logging in each month who don't earn many silvers or none at all.

A day's worth in the Confluence, which solo for me takes 1-2 hours before the drop rate sucks too much to bother, and then it resets again the next day, is probably worth just over 1m if you're opening your own plinites and purifying the gems that are worth singing to with 202 trading.

10 characters doing this daily = 300m per month

Pulling in 75m per week solo is impossible. Pretty sure whoever came up with that number just pulled it out of their ass. I guess someone on paper running 40 characters like this could do it in the Confluence, but if we're using that logic then someone running 160 characters must be pulling in 1b a week somewhere too.

SoS loot seems trash when I hunt there, and Rift doesn't generate loot at that rate either. Warcamps are usually shit boxes, OTF and Nelemar are usually garbage, etc.

EDIT: Even pre-nerf Confluence I was pulling in like 1m an hour without even purifying. This was before the mage nerf and plinites didn't exist yet, but the drop rates were insane. I'd get like 300+ gems an hour. Even throwing out the shitty gems there's no way a bard can purify fast enough to keep up with that rate.

300m a week is still impossible even under those conditions, making 1m an hour 24/7.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-06-2020 at 11:09 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    10 characters doing this daily = 300m per month

300m per week is impossible.
    Yeah I can see 300 million silvers per month. 300 million silvers a week...I'm not even sure people in Shattered can pull this off unless they were running 10 individual accounts who all hunt on their own and are hunting different areas to keep the hunting area loot value up.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Even pre-nerf Confluence I was pulling in like 1m an hour without even purifying. This was before the mage nerf and plinites didn't exist yet, but the drop rates were insane. I'd get like 300+ gems an hour. Even throwing out the shitty gems there's no way a bard can purify fast enough to keep up with that rate.

300m a week is still impossible even under those conditions, making 1m an hour 24/7.
    Also meant to add the only way I can see it being possible would be with an army of enough bards to purify 300+ gems an hour, effectively making this 2m per hour. Running 24/7. Before nerfs in 2016 and 2017.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-06-2020 at 11:42 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This sounds like someone wasn't a fan of having an alt outbid and they were like 'yo, check this chuckle fuck, time to penalize them'.