Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pre-cap ascension points

But they did all the other ones, and monetized them as well.

There can be multiple paths to earn (or buy one). There is still always the annual fixskill or fixskill bounty potions as well. I don't see why people need to change things up so much.

Can use the test server to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    But they did all the other ones, and monetized them as well.

There can be multiple paths to earn (or buy one). There is still always the annual fixskill or fixskill bounty potions as well. I don't see why people need to change things up so much.

Can use the test server to play.
    I meant they wouldn't put it as an option to spend points on. You can guarantee it will be in the SC store.

Wait, do people actually buy that stuff via simucoin?

4. Default

Appreciate the input. For more specific context, I've got 5 ascension points I'm mulling over.

The logic argument is a fair one, but between the login experience boosts and Lumnis I think I'm grinding XP pretty well.

I was tempted to take 5 points in MOC, but mfire is kind of a gimmick and looking more into it, I'd need 10 points to unlock a FoF reduction.

Defensively, agility is interesting as I typically die to combat maneuvers or SMRv2.

Offensively, my AS already feels quite high with 2x ambush. But if the best defense is a good offense, another 5 points in ranged weapons skill could never hurt.

Decisions, decisions...

If you're not really itching to drop the points into anything right now, maybe just sit on them. Eventually they'll be releasing the Tier 2 and Tier 3 ascension skill levels. Once they release those, maybe you'll find something more interesting to work you way towards if any of the Common skills are prerequisites.

Really, the way I see it right now, the ATPs you can earn and use on Common skills are kind of something that maybe mutant builds would benefit the most from right now. Like my reduxmage - the extra PF ranks he can put ATPs into and Armor Use ranks and OHE ranks, these things can really benefit him. An extra 5 AS might not seem like much for a semi or square, but every little bit helps with a warmage since they can only 1x in a weapon skill.

Adding just a couple of points to your AGI you won't see any noticeable difference. SMRv2 is heavily based on level.
    Last edited by drumpel; 11-30-2020 at 08:53 AM.

I think the easy answer is that if you have 5 ascension points to spend, put them into ranged and enjoy the extra 5 AS.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

7. Default

I'm clearly overthinking this.

Ranged it is!