Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-cap ascension points

1. Default Pre-cap ascension points

I've got just a small handful of ascension points from hitting various milestones and debating where to put them. A few clarifying questions:

• Can ascension points exceed the limits of enhancives? Or are they considered part of the same "pool"?
    • Do ascenion points in skills give you actual ranks? Would putting a point in Combat Maneuvers give me a point to invest in cmans?
    • Is there any kind of migration system, a la fixskills for ascension points, where I can change my mind and adjust later?
    • Any particular recommendations for a ~70 train 2x ambush archer ranger?

im going for my final tier of agidex

any yes they exceed enhancive limits
    standing between the living and the dead

Quote Originally Posted by danielsh View Post
    I've got just a small handful of ascension points from hitting various milestones and debating where to put them. A few clarifying questions:

• Can ascension points exceed the limits of enhancives? Or are they considered part of the same "pool"?
    • Do ascenion points in skills give you actual ranks? Would putting a point in Combat Maneuvers give me a point to invest in cmans?
    • Is there any kind of migration system, a la fixskills for ascension points, where I can change my mind and adjust later?
    • Any particular recommendations for a ~70 train 2x ambush archer ranger?
    Right now you are better off putting them into LOG.

When they release next tier stuff they will allow players to reset so going for extra XP gain is the best path right now for further character improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Right now you are better off putting them into LOG.
    There's a really good writeup on the GS Wiki that directly contradicts that.

< Any particular recommendations for a ~70 train 2x ambush archer ranger? >

Are you near any thresholds that these few points would put you over?

MoC for mstrike fire and/or Force on Force?
    Near a lore limit that it would push over?

If you're looking for minimum analysis for maximum benefit, going with 4 ascension points into Ranged is almost a phantom enchant. Strength to add a little more encumberance, etc.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Leafiara is wrong.

He/she is calculating from a breakeven, which you don't need to do when there is a reset. The main point is to accumulate as many ATPs as possible before they set it. Putting your points in LOG allows for the quickest accumulation of total XP for this before they no longer do resets and force people to pay $ for them.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 11-29-2020 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Leafiara is wrong.

He/she is calculating from a breakeven, which you don't need to do when there is a reset. The main point is to accumulate as many ATPs as possible before they set it. Putting your points in LOG allows for the quickest accumulation of total XP for this before they no longer do resets and force people to pay $ for them.
    That's a fair point

A fixskill resets it and is given annually for free.

It can also be obtained from bounty points. When the more specific and cheaper ASC only potion gets released I'm sure it will also be added to bounty point redemption as CMAN/ ARMOR/SHIELD were done. The store will also be an option as it is for the four other types.

As far as logic, either way but I think you'd get more use not doing that and spending on more helpful things during the wait time.

You will get miniscule amounts of additional experience and maybe earn a bonus 1 or 2 ascension point depending how much you play and when the next phase is released but it seems pretty boring.

Same debate as stats for growth/tps basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    A fixskill resets it and is given annually for free.

It can also be obtained from bounty points. When the more specific and cheaper ASC only potion gets released I'm sure it will also be added to bounty point redemption as CMAN/ ARMOR/SHIELD were done. The store will also be an option as it is for the four other types.
    I doubt they will put it into the bounty point system. They don't like it because they can't monetize off of it.