Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shell doubles. Pre auction trade window.

Default Shell doubles. Pre auction trade window.

*Subject to update upon rediscovery of forgotten traits.

My 11 year old wants to try Gemstone. He thinks I'll let nepotism win, showering him with elite gear and currency, so instead, I'm rolling him a magical half krolvin warrior locksmith and making him act as a delivery slave instead.....So.....

Tossing these up for a couple days to gauge interest and take offers into consideration before doing a CovidChristmas auction of stuff. Wanting to downgrade armor most likely, or who knows what else. Really just giving a window for trades before it goes up.

I've owned three of these sets in various bases, but this is one of the first release that was created having unlimited uses and has no cooldown.

7x
    Max lightened
    Now lightly crit padded
    Script intentionally doesnt use the armor's special slot.
    T2 ensorcelled. (May have it taken to t5 if anyone is offering)
    It's been a long time, so may be forgetting a service added. I'll update if i stumble upon anything else.

Swirled abalone shell armor

When knob that is inside the armor (Only item it contains), is turned, it creates a shell around you that transports you to its own safe room with no rt or x per day. Can stand, eat herbs, and I want to say a few other small things I've not yet rediscovered. I adore this script, but I haven't hunted seriously since..... the second Bush administration? Creative folks will love it for lich or whatever you kids script with these days.
    wont work at tables, bank tellers, and a small handful of other rooms.

(stolen from wiki)

Sample room description:

[Striated Conch Shell, Inside]
    You barely make out in the dim light filtering through several holes in the rough, hexagonally patterned walls and floor of your prison. Obvious exits: none
    Verbs
    turn knob

First Person: As you twist the small knob, you hear a loud "CLANG!" and feel your shell armor expand and surround you.

Third Person: "CLANG!" You notice a (armor description) where moments before, (person) had been.

First Person: A loud clicking noise starts and suddenly the shell splits and spits you out.

Third Person: A clicking noise begins to come from a (armor description), a sudden, loud "CRACK!" and (person) is there and the shell isn't.
    peer

While in the shell you can peer hole to see outside of the shell

Sticking your eye against the hole, you are just able to make out what lies outside. (ROOM DESCRIPTION)

You're able to eat herbs while inside, or stand. I wrote a few nifty scripts that shell up when under a certain amount of health or if I receive a wound that prevents me from continuing the fight.
    Out of room at The Tomb

Don't be upset if i don't respond quickly I asked for appraisals, and it was overwhelming. I paid 50m once, and 70m a second time after stupidly selling for this set, for reference.
    Out of room at The Tomb

I have the brig of this, which sadly I can't use on a pure. I identified the owner of the fulls but long after the point when it would have been feasible to start over on a new armor project, since I have a fortune invested in my current armor. It is a fun script. I'm hoping someday I'll nab some godlike auction win which would let me transfer the script (pretty sure the EG dude that does script transfers won't touch this).

Quote Originally Posted by Merzbow View Post
    I have the brig of this, which sadly I can't use on a pure. I identified the owner of the fulls but long after the point when it would have been feasible to start over on a new armor project, since I have a fortune invested in my current armor. It is a fun script. I'm hoping someday I'll nab some godlike auction win which would let me transfer the script (pretty sure the EG dude that does script transfers won't touch this).
    cant you just asg change it at dr?
    standing between the living and the dead

Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    cant you just asg change it at dr?
    Nope, brig to full leather is an AG change, not an AsG change.

leather to leather, metal to metal

You can absolutely AsG change these. I had the old shell double chain and I changed it to hauberk at Anfelt, I think it was. That set was 7x/2X TD. Not sure where it ended up. The old style AsG change was only within armor subgroup like that but the new DR certs let you go leather to any leather and metal to any metal, as was just mentioned.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 11-22-2020 at 09:41 AM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Blog Entries

If I could afford them my cleric would love to snag that brig off your hands!
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

"The bearer of this proclamation is entitled to have their armor changed to another armor group within the same material (ie: leather to leather, metal to metal)." Well that's interesting, I had no idea they changed that cert. I suspect there's a good chance the GM would just say "nope, shell armor is too complex/rare/fucked up to apply this cert", but might be worth a try. (Just noticed BriarFox did it at another event. Fun times, now I have another long-term, expensive project.)
    Last edited by Merzbow; 11-22-2020 at 11:40 AM.

"The bearer of this proclamation is entitled to have their armor changed to another armor group within the same material (ie: leather to leather, metal to metal)." Well that's interesting, I had no idea they changed that cert. I suspect there's a good chance the GM would just say "nope, shell armor is too complex/rare/fucked up to apply this cert", but might be worth a try.
    Just ask Wyrom. He did my old set.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.