Page 12 of 109 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Because we live in a democratic republic and that's how it does, and should, work.
    That's not what Democratic Republic means. The electoral college of the US is not in any way inherently required to qualify as a Democratic Republic. It's a unique American political construct.

Also "that's the way it should work" is just circular reasoning. You're not actually addressing any of the issues brought up- which seems to suggest that your support is based more on political expediency than anything else.

I'm sorry that what you want isn't what the majority of voters want, but this constant conservative game of manipulating the levers of power to enshrine minority rule and turning a blind eye to blatantly undemocratic systems in our politics is not okay.
    Last edited by time4fun; 11-08-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    That's not what Democratic Republic means. The electoral college of the US is not in any way inherently required to qualify as a Democratic Republic. It's a unique American political construct.

Also "that's the way it should work" is just circular reasoning. You're not actually addressing any of the issues brought up- which seems to suggest that your support is based more on political expediency than anything else.

I'm sorry that what you want isn't what the majority of voters want, but this constant conservative game of manipulating the levers of power to enshrine minority rule and turning a blind eye to blatantly undemocratic systems in our politics is not okay.
    He’s pretty much saying, if people choose to live together in one state, their vote should mean less. Didn’t know where you choose to live impacts the worth of your vote.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    He’s pretty much saying, if people choose to live together in one state, their vote should mean less. Didn’t know where you choose to live impacts the worth of your vote.
    No, their vote should count equally as much as the farmers in Kansas or oil and gas employees in Louisiana for example.it evens the playing field.

I don't care for the federal government on either side of the aisle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

No, their vote should count equally as much as the farmers in Kansas or oil and gas employees in Louisiana for example.it evens the playing field.

I don't care for the federal government on either side of the aisle.
    You’re right, his vote counts as much as one other person’s vote. Not more or less. All because his voice is the minority, or he lives in a place with less people, doesn’t change that fact.

Yeah California has the largest population, and what? It’s not the state has the most power, state means shit with popular vote. Democrats and republicans both live in California. Everyone’s vote counts exactly the same as others. All because more people live in one area doesn’t mean their vote is worth more or less than the farmers in Kansas.

What the EC does, is lessen people’s vote worth, or strengthens it based solely on where they live, which is wrong. No ones vote should be worth more or less than another persons vote.
    Last edited by Solkern; 11-08-2020 at 02:06 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Leo Moracchioli is the fucking man.

Leo Moracchioli is the fucking man.
    Yeah, I love that guy. Always gives it 100%.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    Yeah, I love that guy. Always gives it 100%.
    Africa is good, but my favorite is Sultans of Swing.

Africa is good, but my favorite is Sultans of Swing.
    Can't go wrong with Dire Straits.

He's done so many covers, it's hard to choose faves. But the Hip Hop conversions to metal are good. I love the Britney Spears stuff he's done, or the Die Antwoord. The one above though, in the bunny suit is a fave because they shot it in one take and it looks like none of the random mall goers were expecting it. The cover is good by itself, but that video was dope.

Also, in unrelated news. Look what was #1 on ITunes this weekend.

https://www.complex.com/music/2020/1...ed-2020-winner

Pretty sure this is single handedly because of your necrothreadia the other day...

Agree on the Dire Straits... I mean, apparently anyone who isn't for trump want's Money For Nothing...... love that guitar solo.