Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official : Kroderine Soul Released

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Menos View Post
    That is assuming he even could stop, given that gemstone is owned by what is effectively a mobile game company now.
    Wyrom also LOVES slot machines, like a lot.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Wyrom also LOVES slot machines, like a lot.
    A while ago, back when LinkedIn profiles were public, his profile had him as a slot machine technician before he worked at Simu. I always wondered if that was serious, he put it in as a joke, or someone somehow snuck that on there.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    A while ago, back when LinkedIn profiles were public, his profile had him as a slot machine technician before he worked at Simu. I always wondered if that was serious, he put it in as a joke, or someone somehow snuck that on there.
    It's no joke, he has openly talk about his love for them on discord.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Not to say that the monetization of every last little thing possible isn't sheisty as hell, but you have to admit that the new normal of everyone walking around spell-tanked with every defensive spell in the game is completely ludicrous. The game wasn't designed for that.
    You're being dramatic. It's not as if half a dozen class defining SK items were just auctioned off to essentially 2 people for tens of thousands of $$ in what used to be a mostly fluff/rp event. Shit, wait a minute...
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Meh. Breaking gemstone with cash is a time honored tradition. We just got flashier about it. Pooping out obscene weighting and padding gave way to fancy scripts and SK items...that also have obscene weighting, but ya know. At a certain point it just doesn't matter.

Balancing the game for people who put that much time/silver/$$ into a character just isn't going to happen ever. If they wanna sell a spell-re-attach to counter spell-sever, like the crown they just sold that nullifies spellburst, oh wellz. If they sell 1, and someone wants to buy it for 10k whatever. That's subsidizing the game from someone with more dollars than sense and doesn't change anything about overall game balance.

If they start selling shit like that in the simucoin store, for cheaper, and the area is then balanced around you having a spellup and thus that item....that's some bullshit. Whale milk feeds the hamsters.
    Last edited by Donquix; 11-02-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Meh. Breaking gemstone with cash is a time honored tradition. We just got flashier about it. Pooping out obscene weighting and padding gave way to fancy scripts and SK items...that also have obscene weighting, but ya know. At a certain point it just doesn't matter.

Balancing the game for people who put that much time/silver/$$ into a character just isn't going to happen ever. If they wanna sell a spell-re-attach to counter spell-sever, like the crown they just sold that nullifies spellburst, oh wellz. If they sell 1, and someone wants to buy it for 10k whatever. That's subsidizing the game from someone with more dollars than sense and doesn't change anything about overall game balance.

If they start selling shit like that in the simucoin store, for cheaper, and the area is then balanced around you having a spellup and thus that item....that's some bullshit. Whale milk feeds the hamsters.
    Lol well they're good points and I don't like it but uhh you know it's an easier pill to swallow with your perspective.

Whale milk is indeed good for the hammies
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

It's not about balance, it's about access. It's just bad business to design a release method with such limited access. When only 2 people get 9 of 10 top tier items, it causes 2 problems: it alienates everyone else, and from a business perspective it creates a very unstable market for your product.

This is a game that needs to have people interested in playing it to survive. Being shut out from cool stuff makes people lose interest. And before the four or five of you chime in with "it doesn't impact your game play," if that logic drove why we spend money on this game at all, no one would ever buy anything, and all these "get new cool stuff" events would fail. We buy stuff because we want it, not because we need it, and shutting out all but a couple of people from a release method doesn't make anyone excited to be a part of this multiplayer game.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 11-02-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Not to say that the monetization of every last little thing possible isn't sheisty as hell, but you have to admit that the new normal of everyone walking around spell-tanked with every defensive spell in the game is completely ludicrous. The game wasn't designed for that.
    That was one of the main reasons for the shift of GSIII to GSIV. Issues with balancing hunting areas with the power creep from high level players and the ease of access to spells since a lot were able to be cast upon others.

Sad to see they're shifting things back that direction.

That’s pretty poor planning on their part if they never envisioned people would walk around with spells that can be cast on others.

What this game really wasn’t designed for was everyone walking around with 10x claids with 1 billion points of crit weighting; 10x armor with 1 trillion points of damage weighting, 60% slash resist, and absorbs all low level spells on them.

Seems kind of odd people are on board with the GMs doing away with a service that is accessible to 100% of the player base and seems to have no problem with game breaking items as long as they cost thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That was one of the main reasons for the shift of GSIII to GSIV. Issues with balancing hunting areas with the power creep from high level players and the ease of access to spells since a lot were able to be cast upon others.

Sad to see they're shifting things back that direction.
    The biggest issue was level disparity than spell tanking, though I do agree that both issues were addressed. Level compression was absolutely necessary if the game staff wanted to continue designing hunting areas and events that would be of interest to anyone. It had become impossible to design an event that was of interest to most players, that wouldn't just get slaughtered by a few. No one wanted to put in the huge amount of time and effort to design for the level disparity that existed then, and was going to continue.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 11-02-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.