Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Official : Kroderine Soul Released

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Not to say that the monetization of every last little thing possible isn't sheisty as hell, but you have to admit that the new normal of everyone walking around spell-tanked with every defensive spell in the game is completely ludicrous. The game wasn't designed for that.
    That was one of the main reasons for the shift of GSIII to GSIV. Issues with balancing hunting areas with the power creep from high level players and the ease of access to spells since a lot were able to be cast upon others.

Sad to see they're shifting things back that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    Not to say that the monetization of every last little thing possible isn't sheisty as hell, but you have to admit that the new normal of everyone walking around spell-tanked with every defensive spell in the game is completely ludicrous. The game wasn't designed for that.
    Thatís pretty poor planning on their part if they never envisioned people would walk around with spells that can be cast on others.

What this game really wasnít designed for was everyone walking around with 10x claids with 1 billion points of crit weighting; 10x armor with 1 trillion points of damage weighting, 60% slash resist, and absorbs all low level spells on them.

Seems kind of odd people are on board with the GMs doing away with a service that is accessible to 100% of the player base and seems to have no problem with game breaking items as long as they cost thousands of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    That was one of the main reasons for the shift of GSIII to GSIV. Issues with balancing hunting areas with the power creep from high level players and the ease of access to spells since a lot were able to be cast upon others.

Sad to see they're shifting things back that direction.
    The biggest issue was level disparity than spell tanking, though I do agree that both issues were addressed. Level compression was absolutely necessary if the game staff wanted to continue designing hunting areas and events that would be of interest to anyone. It had become impossible to design an event that was of interest to most players, that wouldn't just get slaughtered by a few. No one wanted to put in the huge amount of time and effort to design for the level disparity that existed then, and was going to continue.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 11-02-2020 at 04:06 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    A while ago, back when LinkedIn profiles were public, his profile had him as a slot machine technician before he worked at Simu. I always wondered if that was serious, he put it in as a joke, or someone somehow snuck that on there.
    I'm literally a slot technician. I win.
    [Roll result: 151 (open d100: 83) Penalties: 20]
    You hurl yourself at a Vvrael warlock and connect!
    You knock a Vvrael warlock flat and jump to your feet. Smooth!

** A spike on your mithril platemail jabs into the Vvrael warlock! **
    ... 25 points of damage!
    Shot knocks the Vvrael warlock's head back by pushing on the inside of the skull!
    The Vvrael warlock writhes in black agony and dies.