Thread: Average player volume?

1. Default Average player volume?

I haven't played Gemstone in two decades, but nostalgia has me contemplating re-activating my account.

I'm trying to get a sense for how large (or small) the community is. How many players are typically logged in during average or peak hours?

- Former player of Cloakhe

700+ usually during prime hours but Ebon's gate is going on til the end of the month so those numbers might be inflated. It's grown a bit this year with everyone in quarantine.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

during big events it has got upto 900-1k
    standing between the living and the dead

4. Default

Oh wow, that's not bad. When I left, averages were closer to 300-400.

There has actually been a lot of development lately.

Just keep in mind that events have pretty much all turned into microtransaction events and you're gonna have to drop some cash if you want the good items in good now, but at the same time you don't really need good items to play the game so no need to sweat that.

Also keep in mind that 700+ characters is probably 2-300 players at most. Lots of Bots in the game.

Code:
    No major accidents in the last 78 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes
    3909 characters have connected in the last 24 hours
    6400 characters have connected in the last 7 days
    9541 characters have connected in the last 30 days
    About 858 players have connected in the last 24 hours
    About 1162 players have connected in the last 7 days
    About 1505 players have connected in the last 30 days
    That's from the ;lnet stats command. On the high side since ya know, EG all month.

players = unique IP addresses in this case.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Code:
    No major accidents in the last 78 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes
    3909 characters have connected in the last 24 hours
    6400 characters have connected in the last 7 days
    9541 characters have connected in the last 30 days
    About 858 players have connected in the last 24 hours
    About 1162 players have connected in the last 7 days
    About 1505 players have connected in the last 30 days
    That's from the ;lnet stats command. On the high side since ya know, EG all month.

players = unique IP addresses in this case.
    I honestly thought that when there's 700ish active players online based on the "who" command in game, 500 of those would be unique players with maybe the remaining 200 being multi-accounts. Based on these numbers it seems that's not the case. Avaia's figures are probably much more accurate. That's kinda sad.

The lich character count is always going to be way higher than players. I have 2 accounts, but 13 "characters" i log on every day (most just to snag logon bonuses). So i would count for 1 player, and 13 characters as far as lich is concerned.

I bet it's closer to 2 accounts per person sustained on average, maybe even a little more per person. A lot of people do only play 1, but i know a lot of people that do 2. 3+ starts to be a headache or you're just straight keeping table bots (which a lot of people do). Then the handful of true MA armies. It'd be interesting to see a snapshot at any given time of unique IPs compared to the WHO count.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!