Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Official: Wheel of Fortune Prizes Revealed

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    You make 100K+ and the month sub is a lot to you? Do you have lots of other expenses or something?
    It's more like, even if you have a lot of blood as a human being, you still would not tolerate having a mosquito sucking some of it. I do ok financially irl and I still don't tolerate overpriced things or unjustified expenses. Paying a double digit amount of dollars per months for a game I play for fun is ok - spending a four or five digit figure amount of money for in game items is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierna View Post
    Probably lives in an actual civilized place. Not trashville like you.
    Which high cost of living civilized place would that be? San Francisco, with literal shit maps of all the shit on the streets?

Blog Entries

You make 100K+ and the month sub is a lot to you? Do you have lots of other expenses or something?
    Maybe they mean in terms of value. Value is subjective but $15/month for a single character slot in a 30 year old text game is a big ask, not to mention the other subscription tiers which are kinda wild. I have trouble justifying it myself.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Maybe they mean in terms of value. Value is subjective but $15/month for a single character slot in a 30 year old text game is a big ask, not to mention the other subscription tiers which are kinda wild. I have trouble justifying it myself.
    I justify it by not buying popcorn and snacks when I go to the movies and then reap the benefits of not getting heart disease and diabetes. It’s a win-win.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I justify it by not buying popcorn and snacks when I go to the movies and then reap the benefits of not getting heart disease and diabetes. It’s a win-win.
    But you're all skins and bones. You need to eat more.

I graduated with a little over 100k in debt and most of my career has been spent in rural areas making 40-50k a year with 1k loan payments. Fast forward to today and 10 years of watching healthcare fail from within and I'm now pursuing my MPH with a focus in epidemiology (started before Covid) to try and make a broad positive impact on healthy choices in those rural areas. TLDR: More school loans + 10 years of paying loans without accruing resources = me

Also what Taernath said; $40/month if you're premium for a text game is pretty nutty. I'm happy to pay the sub and even event fees (we do have live events with GM's after all), but thousands for fun items seems excessive even if I could afford it.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

7. Default

Could be a few reasons:

1. Sunk cost fallacy and they digging themselves deeper.
    2. Planning on flipping the item for even more $$$.
    3. Addiction.

I know people are free to spend their money however they want but I can't justify spending hundreds each month and thousands at each premium event. It's just crazy to spend that much on a 30 year old text video game in my opinion. I really don't like that Simu is encouraging this sort of behavior.
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code