Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seizer View Post
    Taernath,
    You really thought Freelancer got bloated? I adored that game. It had the old Privateer feel to it. Also some of the mods for it were fantastic. Loved me some Tizona Del Cids on my ship.
    I mean that Freelancer was continually delayed by Roberts' financial mismanagement and desire to keep adding stuff until Microsoft bailed him out and forced him to adhere to a schedule. It came out something like 3 years after he first said it would.

Freelancer is a good game, but Star Citizen is like seeing a negaverse version of Freelancer's development play out again.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

This makes me want to QQ. Thanks for talking me out of another ship purchase. I’ll stick with sunken costs for now.

Sadly I think this may be the case.

Taernath,
    You really thought Freelancer got bloated? I adored that game. It had the old Privateer feel to it. Also some of the mods for it were fantastic. Loved me some Tizona Del Cids on my ship.
    I mean, it's a beautiful proof of concept but it's barely a playable demo right now. Baldur's gate 3 dropped a week ago in early access and won't be ready for another year and is far more playable with fewer bugs to give you some idea. Simple quests constantly fail or you show up and nothing is there. Warping to different way points constantly fails for reasons unknown. God forbid you play with friends and manage to get on the same server, name tags never show up so it's hard to tell where anyone's at.

Also, buckle up and sit down when you do warp with friends because falling out of a moving shuttle while in hyperspace is bad news bears.

But the ships are gorgeous (esp the alien ones)
    Last edited by Alashir; 10-20-2020 at 01:00 AM.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I mean that Freelancer was continually delayed by Roberts' financial mismanagement and desire to keep adding stuff until Microsoft bailed him out and forced him to adhere to a schedule. It came out something like 3 years after he first said it would.

Freelancer is a good game, but Star Citizen is like seeing a negaverse version of Freelancer's development play out again.
    Lol this. Roberts divines his schedule based on the routine his sea monkeys do in the morning.
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

Do you recall what ship it was? I'd guess an Aurora, if that's the case it's worth more now. If you have no intention of playing the game I'll pay you that $20 for it.

A thing to note is if you decide to play install it on an SSD. I figured since my HDD was empty that I'd install it there with no ill effects. For whatever reason game takes nearly 7 minutes to load into. After reading Reddits and forums users noted that an SSD makes a world of difference for the game loading. Perhaps it's loading every detail of the Stanton system is why.
    It is an Aurora MR, but nah, I'll hold on to it. I got a bunch of shit in my hanger that just kept accruing as free rewards and stuff it seems.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    Warping to different way points constantly fails for reasons unknown. Also, buckle up and sit down when you do warp with friends because falling out of a moving shuttle while in hyperspace is bad news bears.
    I've experienced that several times yes. I thought I was doing something wrong when activating the jump drive. I asked and the response was it happens sometimes. I also experienced falling out of a ship as I went to recover a black box. I shut the ship down and was exiting and it decided to take off. It was funny. When I went back again for the box my ship was just floating around near the area several hundred meters in the air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post

Interesting I had no idea that happened with Freelancer. I picked it up at the game store one day when browsing. That would be nice if instead of keep adding stuff, set realistic goals of lets fix what is there. Maybe by the time I retire and you need gear from Ready Player One I'll be able to enjoy the experience.

All I can say though is glad I only pledged a small amount. I'd be overly pissed off if I had pledged $1000+ for Carracks, 600i, etc. I wanted to buy a Drake Cutlass med evac ship but after all the input I'll save my money. I will continue to be optimistic that I will see the game in beta someday, and dip my toes in now again.
    Semper superne nitens.

I've experienced that several times yes. I thought I was doing something wrong when activating the jump drive. I asked and the response was it happens sometimes. I also experienced falling out of a ship as I went to recover a black box. I shut the ship down and was exiting and it decided to take off. It was funny. When I went back again for the box my ship was just floating around near the area several hundred meters in the air.

Interesting I had no idea that happened with Freelancer. I picked it up at the game store one day when browsing. That would be nice if instead of keep adding stuff, set realistic goals of lets fix what is there. Maybe by the time I retire and you need gear from Ready Player One I'll be able to enjoy the experience.

All I can say though is glad I only pledged a small amount. I'd be overly pissed off if I had pledged $1000+ for Carracks, 600i, etc. I wanted to buy a Drake Cutlass med evac ship but after all the input I'll save my money. I will continue to be optimistic that I will see the game in beta someday, and dip my toes in now again.
    One of my favorites is fat fingering the eject button while you're docked on base - you can't pilot the plane to move it anywhere and you can't shoot in the vicinity of the base so your only recourse is to get a friend to ram it to death.

If you made a small pledge to gain access to this game's alpha haven't tried this game lately, the latest build has actually impressed me. This would be an incredibly good platform for Space themed RP, and supports a lot more than previous glimpses offered. I have been a Star Citizen naysayer for years and continually teased my friend who bought me my alpha pass for how the game is never going to release, but lately it's been pretty fun to play. All sorts of roles are possible. Space trucking, piracy, star fighter combat, ground combat. It's still hella buggy, no doubt, but way more playable and far more to explore. You can also make in-game money pretty easily (it is a grind, but you can diversify how you accrue funds to be less grindy) and buy most of the ships for in-game currency vs having to buy them for cash.

Not anywhere near releasable, and they only have one major solar system, but they are working on a 2nd solar system, more ships, bug fixes, and expanding careers to include exploration and a few other things. I've only dipped back into this game for about 2 weeks now after a 2+ year hiatus, but it has been very addictive this time around where previously it was almost extremely frustrating to play.

Not saying this game will ever make it to release, but if you want a very interesting multi-player space themed sandbox to play in with some bugs that can be worked around - give it a look.

PS - Killing players and PvP is actually a big part of the game. They even have a player hunting bounty system for someone who gets a "Crime Stat", the game puts out a Bounty for that player and the 1st person who picks it up can track them down and try to kill them off. If you get killed as a criminal they have a prison game loop as well. You can chose to try to escape (probably more time consuming and you're still wanted after escape), or do the prison tasks to reduce your sentence, or just log off for the day and come back for release the following day.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-25-2022 at 11:01 AM.

I'll have to download it again and see how it fares. My previous time with it (also a few years ago) felt the same; wanted to have fun but too buggy to do so. Skeptically hopeful for something less frustrating at least

Star Citizen has a free fly week going on. You can try the game (still in Alpha, but playable) to see the concept in action without any investment.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/p...-Free-Fly-2022 - for more info, and there is a code there which will give you access to a bunch of ships temporarily which are in the ship showdown. Ships ranging from starters like the Avenger (most popular starter package I believe) all the way to the massive exploration vehicle the Carrack which is meant for a crew of like 5+ people. There's a heavy fighter for 2 people, a couple of freighters for space trucking, and the luxury 600i which is a very fancy 3+ person exploration vehicle.

If the game interests you enough to try out after the free fly week, feel free to use my referral code for some extra credits: STAR-NTBG-T47L

If you give the game a go, and you create a character you have to pick a starter city.
    1. Orison is probably the most graphic intensive city, extremely gorgeous, but if you don't have an awesome PC it will set you up for low FPS.
    2. Area 18 is the cyberpunk city. Pretty easy to get in and out of, and has a lot of that gritty look to it.
    3. New Babbage is a clean and comfortable city, not hard to get around, and not hard to leave making it a very common starter area and it's on a great planet to explore with a ship.
    4. Lorville is the industrial town focused on big industry and is also where you can go look at the majority of the ships that can be purchased in-game for in-game credits, so not a bad place to explore, but it is one of the harder cities to navigate and can definitely frustrate a new person.

This bitch is STILL in alpha?