Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Citizen

Default Star Citizen

Am curious if anyone else pledged back in the day and is playing currently? I did in 2013. Here it is 2020 and still no release. I finally decided to give the alpha stage a look. I’m blown away by the attention to detail in star ports and on massive ships like the Carrack. If you can look past the glitches and such it’s fun. I fear the game will never be released as Cloud Imperium seems to want to add every imaginable feature there is. I was fortunate enough to be taken under wing last night by a player who has pledged quite a bit. The ship and galaxy tour was amazing as I sat in the ball turret figuring things out, it made me feel satisfied for my pledge 7 years ago.

There’s a fairly sharp learning curve out the gate. As for now I wouldn’t invest a large amount of time into it as with major updates it will likely wipe your earnings out. Definitely buy gimbals for your guns too. Don’t buy gimbals.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/
    Last edited by Seizer; 02-24-2023 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Because gimbals suck
    Semper superne nitens.

Blog Entries

I bought a ship for like $20 years ago, but I don't play.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I bought a ship for like $20 years ago, but I don't play.
    Do you recall what ship it was? I'd guess an Aurora, if that's the case it's worth more now. If you have no intention of playing the game I'll pay you that $20 for it.

A thing to note is if you decide to play install it on an SSD. I figured since my HDD was empty that I'd install it there with no ill effects. For whatever reason game takes nearly 7 minutes to load into. After reading Reddits and forums users noted that an SSD makes a world of difference for the game loading. Perhaps it's loading every detail of the Stanton system is why.
    Semper superne nitens.

Blog Entries

I played a little bit years ago, maybe during a free weekend or something since I don't remember buying a ship. I definitely wouldn't have spent more than $30 or so. It was a cool tech demo. They really need a publisher to crack the whip over there.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

It's still very much vaporware unfortunately. They did something like 350m last year but at this rate we'll be flying in spaceships before you pilot one in star citizen
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I played a little bit years ago, maybe during a free weekend or something since I don't remember buying a ship. I definitely wouldn't have spent more than $30 or so. It was a cool tech demo. They really need a publisher to crack the whip over there.
    Nerds have paid them millions for something that will never exist. I'd imagine they think their model is working just fine.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    It's still very much vaporware unfortunately. They did something like 350m last year but at this rate we'll be flying in spaceships before you pilot one in star citizen
    You've been able to pilot them for a while. It's just not close to complete since they keep tripping over themselves to add features with no end in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Velfi View Post
    Nerds have paid them millions for something that will never exist. I'd imagine they think their model is working just fine.
    Yeah probably. Roberts is the kind of guy who needs supervision. Feature bloat happened in Freelancer too.
    Last edited by Taernath; 10-19-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    You've been able to pilot them for a while. It's just not close to complete since they keep tripping over themselves to add features with no end in sight.

Yeah probably. Roberts is the kind of guy who needs supervision. Feature bloat happened in Freelancer too.
    I've played it although the last time was probably a year ago. Ships technically worked and they're absolutely gorgeous but that's about all I got out of it
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Although I think roberts has star trek style doors in the offices now so that's a plus

Quote Originally Posted by Alashir View Post
    This makes me want to QQ. Thanks for talking me out of another ship purchase. I’ll stick with sunken costs for now.

Sadly I think this may be the case.

Taernath,
    You really thought Freelancer got bloated? I adored that game. It had the old Privateer feel to it. Also some of the mods for it were fantastic. Loved me some Tizona Del Cids on my ship.
    Semper superne nitens.