Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40484950

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg died

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    It doesn't define what good behavior is though, its the same with impeachment. It's whatever the governing body decides it is.
    You’re right, Congress decides what good behavior is. If you’re on board with “old age” being bad behavior then you might be a far left cretin.

Not only that but it would have to be on a case by case basis with impeachment. Congress can’t just decide every judge is guilty of bad behavior.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-28-2020 at 05:44 PM.

Blog Entries

It doesn't define what good behavior is though, its the same with impeachment. It's whatever the governing body decides it is.
    And the Governing body, since the Constitution was written, has decided Federal Judges serve a lifetime appointment.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And the Governing body, since the Constitution was written, has decided Federal Judges serve a lifetime appointment.
    Which could change at any moment because it's an unspoken rule.

I'm not saying it's likely to change or that I want it to, only that it could in theory.
    Last edited by drauz; 10-28-2020 at 06:02 PM.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Which could change at any moment because it's an unspoken law.

I'm not saying it's likely to change or that I want it to, only that it could in theory.
    I mean, it'd have to go through the Supreme Court which will probably rule against it. The very writers of the Constitution were the Governing body that put them in for life. It is pretty fucking obvious that was their intention since, they, you know, practiced it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I mean, it'd have to go through the Supreme Court which will probably rule against it. The very writers of the Constitution were the Governing body that put them in for life. It is pretty fucking obvious that was their intention since, they, you know, practiced it.
    Exactly, thats why a few posts back I said there was a .00000000001% chance it would succeed.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Blog Entries

Exactly, thats why a few posts back I said there was a .00000000001% chance it would succeed.
    Because for life is exactly what is intended by the Constitution. They'd have specified a length if they meant otherwise, as they do for every other office.

Which could change at any moment because it's an unspoken rule.

It's not an unspoken rule though, given that the only thing that can end a Justice's tenure would be bad behavior.

I realize you probably won't understand that.. but this isn't the first time you were lost in a simple conversation.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    "I originally created an additional account back in the day to mess with the reputation system" Rep system came in 3 months later...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Supreme Court would be so compelling as to require a 60% majority of the vote, lest the ruling of the lower Federal Circuit Court be upheld.
    If you took 3 seconds to do basic math, you'd realize that a 5-4 vote is still a 55% majority. Retard.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    If you took 3 seconds to do basic math, you'd realize that a 5-4 vote is still a 55% majority. Retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    No U! I'm a complete retard and don't understand the meaning of the words I use. I heart the only president ever impeached for inciting an insurrection so hard. Please debate me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ParkBandit View Post
    Get more triggered. You're pathetic / retard champion. I love nazi shit and working gloryholes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    ANTIFA continues their insurrection
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ / RapierSama View Post
    You a retarded dumbass.