Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg died

Quote Originally Posted by Furryrat View Post
    Of the 179 seats on the 13 circuits of the United States Court of Appeals, including DC and Federal, there are currently 98 (55%) Republican affiliated and 81 (45%) Democrat affiliated justices. Heavily weighted toward circuits of middle America, if discounted, the blue imbalance becomes strikingly more apparent. For example, the Federal Circuit, which can hear any case it so chooses in wide-ranging District Court matters, contains 12 members of which 8 (67%) are Democrats (and 7 of the 8 appointed by Obama) and only 4 (33%) are Republicans. The DC circuit has a similar 7 to 4 imbalance.

This is after Republican "court-packing."

It is terribly unfortunate that a paragon of thought and service such as Justice Ginsburg should meet her finality with the country mired in such bitterness and hatred.
    Context here: McConnell left over 100 Federal Judiciary seats open during Obama's last term. He was refusing to hold hearings to keep the Judges from getting through.

In the last 4 years, almost 200 Judges have been pushed through. 25% of all Federal Judges were appointed by Trump
    - no recent President has had anything close to that in one term. It's more than Bush had in two terms. It's about 2/3 of what Obama had in 2 terms.

And these aren't "run of the mill" Judges. They've been handpicked because they can be relied on to be, as the right loves to put it, "activist judges".

Meanwhile, Trump threatened to use an Executive Order to keep Biden from being able to run for President:

"You can't have this guy as your president," Trump argued. "You can't have — maybe I'll sign an executive order, you cannot have him as your president
    I don't know how to explain to half of you that a President who cozies up to Dictators and has shown nothing but contempt for democratic institutions "joking" about this is a VERY bad thing.

And before anyone says it- no, he's not kidding. He's testing the reaction to see what he can get away with.

No he doesn't have the authority to do this, but this man has been slowly but surely desensitizing a big chunk of this country to authoritarianism. You give him 4 more years, and you may literally be stuck with him for life. He controls the US Military.

The article had some great reminders of other VERY scary things he's been saying:

Prominent Democrats have expressed serious concerns that Trump may refuse to leave office should he lose the election in November. When asked by Fox News' Chris Wallace in July, if he would accept the election results, Trump said, "I have to see. Look, you — I have to see. No, I'm not going to just say yes. I'm not going to say no, and I didn't last time, either."

Earlier this summer, Trump suggested delaying the presidential election, in which he trails by double-digits in many polls. "With Universal Mail-In Voting (not Absentee Voting, which is good), 2020 will be the most INACCURATE & FRAUDULENT Election in history. It will be a great embarrassment to the USA. Delay the Election until people can properly, securely and safely vote???" Trump tweeted in late July.

Earlier this month, Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders warned that Congress and the media should begin to prepare for a scenario in which Trump refuses to willingly leave the White House. "This is not just idle speculation," said Sanders. "What we have got to do in the next two months is to alert the American people about what that nightmarish scenario might look like in order to prepare them for that possibility and talk about what we do if that happens."
    Last edited by time4fun; 09-20-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Meanwhile, Trump threatened to use an Executive Order to keep Biden from being able to run for President:

I don't know how to explain to half of you that a President who cozies up to Dictators and has shown nothing but contempt for democratic institutions "joking" about this is a VERY bad thing.

And before anyone says it- no, he's not kidding. He's testing the reaction to see what he can get away with.

No he doesn't have the authority to do this, but this man has been slowly but surely desensitizing a big chunk of this country to authoritarianism. You give him 4 more years, and you may literally be stuck with him for life. He controls the US Military.

The article had some great reminders of other VERY scary things he's been saying:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...t/drc-20376027

Please get medicated.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Ok... what part of what is going on are you confused with STILL? I'll try to only use words with 3 or less syllables for you:

2016: Justice Scalia dies. Democrat (Obama) President and Republican in power in Senate. Democrats say need to replace Justice and Republicans say no wait for election. Obama nominates new Justice and Republican Senate doesn't bring up matter in Senate because they hope Trump wins. Trump wins and Democrats mad.

2020: Justice Ginsburg dies. Republican (Trump) President and Republican in power in Senate. Democrats say do not replace Justice and Republicans say need to replace. Trump will nominate new Justice and Republican Senate will vote on it because they are in power.

The key to this is which party has control of the Senate. In both cases, Republicans have control.

I honestly hope this helps you, given you are the only one that is STILL confused and ignorant about the process. If this doesn't help you, maybe I will draw it out in pretty colors.

Damn, you are a fucking idiot. Obviously the senate controls the process. All that blah blah blah, for absolutely nothing.
    Republicans and democrats words and promises are empty, that’s the plain simple truth.

2016-2018 Republicans:
    you should never elect a lifetime appointment in an election year
    A lifetime appointment hasn’t been elected in an election year in 80 years.
    Even if it’s a Republican president, I’ll still tell him not to do it.

2016 democrats:
    WTF SENATE, don’t delay the appointment process!
    It doesn’t matter if it’s an election year! Confirm the justice!!

2020 republicans:
    Who gives a fuck what we said in 2016-2018 if it’s an election year!!

2020 democrats:
    WTF republicans? What happened to everything you said in 2016-2018?

PB: BUT BUT BUT THE DEMOCRATS!!! Did you read what they were saying!?!?!

Empty words, empty promises cupcake.
    Last edited by Solkern; 09-20-2020 at 07:01 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Blog Entries

This discussion is pointless. Trump is going to nominate someone. Republicans are probably going to put him or her in.

Pout about it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    This discussion is pointless. Trump is going to nominate someone. Republicans are probably going to put him or her in.

Pout about it.

Yup, I’ve said multiple times, I don’t give two shits, just nominate and vote for someone and get the shit over with.
    I was curious about why they flipped and how these republicans here would answer/defend the flip.
    Last edited by Solkern; 09-20-2020 at 06:56 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Yup, I’ve said multiple times, I don’t give two shits, just nominate and vote for someone and get the shit over with.
    I was curious about why they flipped and how these republicans here would answer/defend the flip.
    As a conservative, I certainly don't need to defend anything. But I would say this: Winners make the rules. Back when the Nevada senator implemented the nuclear option is one example. All the appointments since would be further examples.

Every dem flipped now, 2020, from their positions in 2016. So too, did republicans. Why?, you trolled? Because it's politics.
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 09-20-2020 at 07:06 PM.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    As a conservative, I certainly don't need to defend anything. But I would say this: Winners make the rules. Back when the Nevada senator implemented the nuclear option is one example. All the appointments since would be further examples.

Every dem flipped now, 2020, from their positions in 2016. So too, did republicans. Why?, you trolled? Because it's politics.
    I concur, they all flipped. The words and promises they make, mean nothing.
    The idiot award goes to…

An hour later:

Damn, you are a fucking idiot. Obviously the senate controls the process. All that blah blah blah, for absolutely nothing.
    Republicans and democrats words and promises are empty, that’s the plain simple truth.

2016-2018 Republicans:
    you should never elect a lifetime appointment in an election year
    A lifetime appointment hasn’t been elected in an election year in 80 years.
    Even if it’s a Republican president, I’ll still tell him not to do it.

2016 democrats:
    WTF SENATE, don’t delay the appointment process!
    It doesn’t matter if it’s an election year! Confirm the justice!!

2020 republicans:
    Who gives a fuck what we said in 2016-2018 if it’s an election year!!

2020 democrats:
    WTF republicans? What happened to everything you said in 2016-2018?

PB: BUT BUT BUT THE DEMOCRATS!!! Did you read what they were saying!?!?!

Empty words, empty promises cupcake.
    Empty words, empty head, sockpuppet.

What you STILL fail to understand is you have only asked about why the Republicans flipflopped their position from 2016 to 2020. You claim you don't know why.... which is why I instructed you to take a peek at what the Democrats said in 2016 vs. 2020.

Then, if you had an IQ above 23, you would be able to figure it out. But you didn't do that.. you were just crying almost as hard as Andraste is 'WHY ARE THE REPUBLICANS CHANGING THEIR MIND IN FOUR YEARS!!!!!" I attempted to explain the process to you, but that wasn't your purpose.. you only focused your tiny brain on one side of the equation and just couldn't understand what was happening.

It's like last week when your teacher for "special" students asked you to solve the equation "What's 2+2 equal" and you answered "2" You only dealt with part of it and as usual, failed with a big fat F.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

I concur, they all flipped. The words and promises they make, mean nothing.
    And this just took you a full fucking day to finally get.

Fantastic.

Tomorrow, we are going to work on your letters. You get easily confused around the "L, M, N, O, P" section.

I'm here for you, Socko.

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME