Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg died

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    And this just took you a full fucking day to finally get.

Fantastic.

Tomorrow, we are going to work on your letters. You get easily confused around the "L, M, N, O, P" section.

I'm here for you, Socko.

You’re a fucking idiot. BUT BUT BUT THE DEMS!!
    It has nothing to do with the democrats.
    Republicans are full of shit, and are no better than the Dems.
    They changed their stance cause they are all liars.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Empty words, empty head, sockpuppet.

What you STILL fail to understand is you have only asked about why the Republicans flipflopped their position from 2016 to 2020. You claim you don't know why.... which is why I instructed you to take a peek at what the Democrats said in 2016 vs. 2020.
    Hey cupcake, when did I claim I didn’t know why? Please quote me on that.
    Oh me asking why, is me not knowing why? It’s more like me wanting to hear your bullshit excuse and watch you blame the democrats some more for the republicans own words. I gave the reason a few posts back, the reason you couldn’t say because well, BUT BUT BUT THE DEMOCRATS! Laughable. And you still can’t say it, your response? It’s politics, can’t admit that your Republican Party is a lying sack of shit like the Dems. No no no, the GOP is not like the Dems!

Dear god you are once dense dumb fucknut. I feel sorry for you.
    Last edited by Solkern; 09-20-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

When asked Pelosi would not rule out impeaching Trump again in an effort to prevent him from nominating someone for supreme court.

How much longer are you leftists going to turn a blind eye to this bullshit?

Reading all of these news articles and comments from Democrats screaming that you can't replace a supreme court justice in an election year after whining endlessly in 2016 about how you MUST replace a supreme court justice in an election year is just too rich.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    When asked Pelosi would not rule out impeaching Trump again in an effort to prevent him from nominating someone for supreme court.

How much longer are you leftists going to turn a blind eye to this bullshit?
    I fucking HOPE they go down the impeachment road again. Lets start right fucking now.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

6. Default

Another win for rational people.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mit...acancy-protest

At least one protester was arrested Saturday after a group of about 100 people gathered outside the Kentucky home of Republican Sen. Mitch McConnell.

I love it. Please, crazy fucking terrorists, continue being terrorists so we can win by a landslide and start putting all of you in jail.
    Last edited by Suppa Hobbit Mage; 09-21-2020 at 09:19 AM.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Today's "news" in America:

Trump Uses Curve Gesture While Saying He'll Nominate a Woman to Supreme Court

However, his remarks were accused of being "creepy" and "sexist" by many critics who pointed to an hourglass hand curve gesture he made while describing how a female judge may fill the vacant seat.
    The "curve" gesture in question at about the 10 second mark:

You know, the same fucking gesture he makes whenever he speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Like I care about you giving me credit? Lol that ego. Who gives a shit what the Dems said? I quoted Republicans on their words, and asked why they are flipping? Your response? BECAUSE OF THE DEMOCRATS!!!! Did they put a gun to the republicans and force them to say these words? Nope, they didn’t. Stop trying to blame everything on the Dems. That’s the only response you can ever give. BUT BUT BUT THE DEMS!! Your one skill at life? You’re good at whataboutisms.

You simply can’t answer the question, you spent two posts blaming the Dems and everyone else.

Let me ask again, multiple Republicans said “you should not nominate and vote on a Supreme Court justice during an election year”, one even said, I would say this to a Republican president. Multiple said it hasn’t been done in 80 years!! Yet here they are, doing what they said shouldn’t happen. So why the flip?

Personally I don’t give two fucks if they nominate and vote, I’m curious on why they flipped their stance.

Let me guess THE DEMS WANTED TO DO WHAT THE REPUBLICANS ARE DOING NOW!!
    That fucking shit doesn’t matter. The republicans are doing what they stopped the democrats from doing.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It's not that. It's part of a concerted conservative strategy of Court packing: it's basically all the Senate has accomplished in the last 4 years. It's not even properly responding to things like COVID because McConnell is too busy reshaping the Courts. It's one of the ways a minority party can stay in power. It's how Poland and Hungary's right wing parties managed to stay entrenched in power. Same with Putin.

The funny thing is, Republicans run around screaming about "judicial activism" while they've spent the last 4 years installing incredibly right wing ideologues who, in many cases, don't actually have the qualifications for the jobs. They're there because they can be trusted to ignore the law and precedent and make rulings on personal opinions.

Kind of like how Republicans run around screaming about voter fraud while they're systematically targeting groups who don't generally vote for them to take away their ability to cast votes. They've closed countless voting stations in minority and urban areas, enacted voter ID laws that restricted the number of acceptable IDs (in their favor), tried to do away with early voting and Sunday voting (Souls to the Polls is bad for business), and they engage in endless litigation to try to make voting harder, not easier. And now Trump is literally telling people to vote twice.

And like how Republicans scream about Free Speech and then call people who protest "terrorists", support a President who uses force against peaceful protesters, smile and nod while he deploys military assets on the ground to intimidate protesters, and clap their hands as he tries to retaliate against tech companies because they aren't giving priority to articles that say good things about him and his administration.

Or how they scream about media bias and then restrict themselves *only* to heavily partisan, conservative news outlets. Non-partisan outlets? Must be secretly partisan. Fact checkers? Must be secretly partisan. Fox News? Totally fair and balanced.

Generally speaking, take stock of what Republicans are screaming about. It's usually what they're busy doing.
    Kagan was never a judge before being on SCOTUS, so shut the fuck up about who you think isn't qualified. Everything else you said is massively retarded too.

Also, shut the fuck up Andraste.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Context here: McConnell left over 100 Federal Judiciary seats open during Obama's last term. He was refusing to hold hearings to keep the Judges from getting through.

In the last 4 years, almost 200 Judges have been pushed through. 25% of all Federal Judges were appointed by Trump
    - no recent President has had anything close to that in one term. It's more than Bush had in two terms. It's about 2/3 of what Obama had in 2 terms.

And these aren't "run of the mill" Judges. They've been handpicked because they can be relied on to be, as the right loves to put it, "activist judges".
    Context here: You’re Andraste