Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg died

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It was dictated to her grand daughter. If McConnell honored her dying wish, he could keep from tearing this country apart.
    Why should he "honor her dying wish"?

I don't recall anywhere in the constitution which states "If a supreme court justice says they want a new president to replace them then this must be honored."

Also let's stop with the fuckery already. We have been hearing for years from people such as yourself that Trump and Republicans are "tearing this country apart" and it's been pretty obvious who is doing the tearing, and it sure as shit ain't Trump or the Republicans.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-19-2020 at 07:16 AM.

How can anyone even know if she really said that to her granddaughter? In addition to that, Clara Spera's politics are very left leaning so it sounds exactly like a thing someone would say to throw a wrench in the works.

Blog Entries

It was dictated to her grand daughter. If McConnell honored her dying wish, he could keep from tearing this country apart.

But he won't do that. And a lifetime of public service and inspiring generations of young women to shatter the glass ceiling is going to be desecrated.

And it really will tear us apart.
    Oh, piss off with this nonsense. You sound like a fucking child.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    How can anyone even know if she really said that to her granddaughter?
    Yeah personally I'm calling bullshit. I wouldn't put it past her granddaughter to dishonor the memory of her grandmother to push petty politics. It just seems a little too convenient to the Democrat narrative.

But of course I'm sure the narrative that has already been crafted is that if you question her granddaughter then you're a racist, sexist, conspiracy theorist Nazi.

Trump upon first hearing the news that Ginsburg died:

https://twitter.com/YahooNews/status...644537857?s=20

She just died? Wow. I didn't know that, you're telling me now for the first time.

She led an amazing life. What else can you say? She was an amazing woman, whether you agreed or not, she was an amazing woman who led an amazing life. I'm sad to hear that.
    Let's contrast that with Schumer's first response upon hearing the news:

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.
    But remember it's Trump and Republicans who are heartless people and are tearing this country apart. Christ. The mental gymnastics you people go through is nothing short of disgusting at this point.

Blog Entries

I honestly don't care what her dying wish is.

That being said I do hope it doesn't get filled till after the elections.
    No, I am not Drauz in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This is sad. Given her health issues and age it was kind of expected, but at the same time she was fighting like a champ until the end so it was also kind of surprising.

I don't think I have agreed with her on a single issue but it's still sad to see. She never struck me as evil like a lot of people in politics clearly are today, she was just misguided. May she rest in peace.

As if 2020 couldn't get worse, imagine the absolute cluster fuck both if Trump and Senate Republicans try to fill her seat before the elections and if they don't and instead it will be yet another campaign issue for both sides.
    Thanks to Harry Reid, it will almost definitely be filled before the election.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    Trump has a list he just added to and revised, and Graham and McConnell have both said any vacancies this year would absolutely be filled, so you can pretty much guarantee it will be filled. And they will be sure to fil it with an old, bitter, unscrupulous white man that is just like them. Chances are, it'll be someone who Trump has dirt on as I'm sure they've learned their lesson from Roberts with the handful of times he's gone against their regime. This is how politics works, because it's how you "win". Trump isn't any different in spite of you liking to think he "isn't a politician".
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Not really, no. I think this is the only time I've mentioned it, aside from a few jokes in a Scalia topic years ago. I'm a little irritated at the hypocrisy on display here, but that's nothing new. If you want to drop the 'lol you mad' psychic vampire LARP we can have an actual discussion.
    And that's the rub.. you only have a problem with the hypocrisy you don't align with.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.