Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruth Bader Ginsburg died

Default Ruth Bader Ginsburg died

This is sad. Given her health issues and age it was kind of expected, but at the same time she was fighting like a champ until the end so it was also kind of surprising.

I don't think I have agreed with her on a single issue but it's still sad to see. She never struck me as evil like a lot of people in politics clearly are today, she was just misguided. May she rest in peace.

As if 2020 couldn't get worse, imagine the absolute cluster fuck both if Trump and Senate Republicans try to fill her seat before the elections and if they don't and instead it will be yet another campaign issue for both sides.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 09-18-2020 at 07:39 PM.

I doubt they will fill it before the election but it will get filled before the next presidential term is started though. If nothing else as a fuck you from the outgoing administration. Assuming Trump fills it and Biden wins, watch for the left to want to add justices to the court.

Trump has a list he just added to and revised, and Graham and McConnell have both said any vacancies this year would absolutely be filled, so you can pretty much guarantee it will be filled. And they will be sure to fil it with an old, bitter, unscrupulous white man that is just like them. Chances are, it'll be someone who Trump has dirt on as I'm sure they've learned their lesson from Roberts with the handful of times he's gone against their regime. This is how politics works, because it's how you "win". Trump isn't any different in spite of you liking to think he "isn't a politician".

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    Trump has a list he just added to and revised, and Graham and McConnell have both said any vacancies this year would absolutely be filled, so you can pretty much guarantee it will be filled. And they will be sure to fil it with an old, bitter, unscrupulous white man that is just like them. Chances are, it'll be someone who Trump has dirt on as I'm sure they've learned their lesson from Roberts with the handful of times he's gone against their regime. This is how politics works, because it's how you "win". Trump isn't any different in spite of you liking to think he "isn't a politician".
    Experts say you should take your tin foil hat off from time to time to allow your brain to breath.

Also you're especially wrong about this part:

"And they will be sure to fil it with an old, bitter, unscrupulous white man that is just like them."

I think the name of the game lately has been to fill lifetime seats with younger people.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    I am not going to say you are wrong about that but I think it will be Amy Coney Barrett. It takes out all of the MeToo stuff, which is a big deal. It will also make the liberals look like bullies if they go after a woman like they did Kavanaugh. Yes, that should not matter, but it does to a lot of people still.

"Journalists" already threatening riots if Trump fills her seat:

https://twitter.com/LEBassett/status...561825280?s=20

If McConnell jams someone through, which he will, there will be riots.

Blog Entries

Remember when Senate Republicans refused to consider Supreme Court nominations from Obama because "it was an election year"? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Remember when Senate Republicans refused to consider Supreme Court nominations from Obama because "it was an election year"? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    I seem to recall Democrats saying that was a terrible idea and that the Senate should have totally filled that seat in an election year. For once it sounds like Democrats were right about something.

Chuck Schumer's first tweet in response to this news:

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/statu...963428357?s=20

The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.
    This was literally minutes after the news broke. It's like he had the tweet saved just waiting for the minute RBG died so he could troll McConnell. Keep it classy, Chucky.

She should have retired long ago under Obama but her selfish pride would not let her. Maybe we can get another constitutional conservative and put the brakes on the activist court bullshit.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 09-19-2020 at 11:13 AM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie