Thread: Ensorcelling Bonus

Default Ensorcelling Bonus

Tsalin came up with the idea in his ensorcelling auction of listing an overall ensorcell bonus, which would allow ensorcelling customers to estimate in advance whether or not a particular Sorcerer could handle their project. To simplify the process and to encourage other Sorcerers to announce their bonuses as part of their ensorcelling auctions, I made a simple spreadsheet to compute ensorcelling bonus. It is available at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

You will need to make a copy in order to insert your personal information; however, if you have any comments you can leave those either in this thread or in the Google sheet at the link above. Please let me know if you see any errors.

I included the 20-point workshop bonus in the computation of the ensorcelling bonus, figuring most people would include it in their bonus anyway.

I also included a small reference section at the bottom of the sheet listing penalties for prior ensorcelling tiers and for the item's enchant bonus. In preparing the spreadsheet, I was surprised to see that there is a 50-point penalty for the first tier ensorcell. Did I understand that correctly?

Eventually, I would like to prepare a comprehensive spreadsheet that also computes item difficulty and the likely margin of success or failure.
    FWI room 2
    Warped Wooden Hut
    Lich ID 3870

Quote Originally Posted by nindon View Post
    I was surprised to see that there is a 50-point penalty for the first tier ensorcell. Did I understand that correctly.
    Yes, that's correct. The penalty is (50 * destination tier). Everything else looks good. Nice job! One caveat is that the formula is player derived so there is always the potential for inaccuracies, but I think if there are any, it/they would have a very minimal effect on the calculated ensorcell bonus.

Mark

What do these penalty numbers from the ensorcell wiki mean for fusion?

Fusion -25/-75/-140/-225/-325/-450

I know that more slots equals more difficulty, but I had no idea that there are fusion items with 6 slots. Is that what the penalty numbers mean? Penalty of -25 for one slot and -450 for six slots?

Quote Originally Posted by nindon View Post
    What do these penalty numbers from the ensorcell wiki mean for fusion?

Fusion -25/-75/-140/-225/-325/-450

I know that more slots equals more difficulty, but I had no idea that there are fusion items with 6 slots. Is that what the penalty numbers mean? Penalty of -25 for one slot and -450 for six slots?
    I don't know for sure but this info was posted to the wiki by MEKK51 on 30 April. It might be from GM info on Discord. My guess is that it is new style/old style 1, 2, 3 slot fusion penalties. I don't have an active account so I can't test this but it might doable in the test instance.

Mark

I put together a spreadsheet that computes a Sorcerer's ensorcelling bonus and compares it to the qualities of the item to be ensorcelled. It is a work in progress, and I will likely update it frequently in the future. A link is here:

You will need to make a copy or download it to input your information. Feel free to improve, modify or reuse it any way you want.

Information I am seeking:
    1. Penalty for enhancive.
    2. Penalty for sanctified.
    3. Penalty for greater elemental flares.
    4. Penalty for bonded weapons.
    5. Penalty for greater bubble flares.
    6. Penalty for fusion. I am fairly certain that I misunderstood the fusion penalties listed in the wiki, making the spreadsheet wrong on that point.

Let me know if you see any problems or missing item qualities.
    FWI room 2
    Warped Wooden Hut
    Lich ID 3870

I updated the ensorcelling spreadsheet. The new version is available at the link below. The changes were minor.

As with the previous version, you will need to make a copy in your Google Drive to use it. The checkboxes and drop down menus do not work correctly when it is opened in Excel.

Still looking for the following info:
    1. Penalty for enhancive.
    2. Penalty for sanctified.
    3. Penalty for greater elemental flares.
    4. Penalty for bonded weapons.
    5. Penalty for greater bubble flares.
    6. Penalty for fusion. I am fairly certain that I misunderstood the fusion penalties listed in the wiki, making the spreadsheet wrong on that point.
    FWI room 2
    Warped Wooden Hut
    Lich ID 3870

Time to update your ensorcellig bonus. The recent changes to the EMC and SMC components of the bonus will increase your bonus by 1/4 of the greater of your EMC or SMC bonus. I updated the spreadsheet to calculate ensorcelling bonus using the new formula. Someday, I will update it to reflect the new material difficulties. Fill in the blue shaded cells.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    FWI room 2
    Warped Wooden Hut
    Lich ID 3870