Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer died, no Dreavenings until I can get it fixed

Default Computer died, no Dreavenings until I can get it fixed

So my computer decided to stop working earlier today. I’m hoping it’s just the power supply and I’ve already ordered a new one that will supposedly be here tomorrow, but I have my doubts on that.

I’m just hoping it is the power supply and it’s not that everything in my computer fried somehow. The last time I backed up my lich folder was a few weeks ago so I’m gonna lose some Dreavening stats for everyone if the hard drive did fail, not to mention other changes I have made to various Dreavening related scripts in that time I have also been working a lot on a new hunting script so my guys can all hunt together instead of individually and that for sure hasn’t been backed up at all so that’s gonna be fun if I have to redo all that again.

In any case if the power supply comes tomorrow and that fixes everything then Dreavenings tomorrow. If it’s not the power supply then I’ll probably just buy another computer so that will be a week or two or more for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So my computer decided to stop working earlier today. I’m hoping it’s just the power supply and I’ve already ordered a new one that will supposedly be here tomorrow, but I have my doubts on that.

I’m just hoping it is the power supply and it’s not that everything in my computer fried somehow. The last time I backed up my lich folder was a few weeks ago so I’m gonna lose some Dreavening stats for everyone if the hard drive did fail, not to mention other changes I have made to various Dreavening related scripts in that time I have also been working a lot on a new hunting script so my guys can all hunt together instead of individually and that for sure hasn’t been backed up at all so that’s gonna be fun if I have to redo all that again.

In any case if the power supply comes tomorrow and that fixes everything then Dreavenings tomorrow. If it’s not the power supply then I’ll probably just buy another computer so that will be a week or two or more for that.
    What specifically is it doing?

Also unless the hard drive is just fucked, you should be able to back all that up. Which you should always have a copy of your GS folders on Dropbox or something.

Surely you didn't store all that data on your OS drive, and have a separate data drive for in case you have to wipe your system, right?

RIGHT?????????????????????????????

Last edited by Methais; 09-15-2020 at 04:33 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

3. Default

It’s because you don’t support Biden!

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    What specifically is it doing?

Also unless the hard drive is just fucked, you should be able to back all that up. Which you should always have a copy of your GS folders on Dropbox or something.

Surely you didn't store all that data on your OS drive, and have a separate data drive for in case you have to wipe your system, right?

RIGHT?????????????????????????????

It won’t power on at all, pushing the power button does nothing. It just turned off by itself earlier today and hasn’t worked since.

I have an OS drive and the Lich folder is on a separate hard drive. I would regularly back up the Lich folder to a thumb drive but it’s been a few weeks at this point. Really that’s the main thing I’m worried about because I don’t really keep much on this computer, I mostly just use it to play games. Not looking forward to have to do all of that coding again if the hard drive is gone.

Blog Entries

It won’t power on at all, pushing the power button does nothing. It just turned off by itself earlier today and hasn’t worked since.

I have an OS drive and the Lich folder is on a separate hard drive. I would regularly back up the Lich folder to a thumb drive but it’s been a few weeks at this point. Really that’s the main thing I’m worried about because I don’t really keep much on this computer, I mostly just use it to play games. Not looking forward to have to do all of that coding again if the hard drive is gone.
    When you lick the PSU, do you taste electricity?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    When you lick the PSU, do you taste electricity?
    Yes.

Blog Entries

Yes.
    Then the problem isn't the PSU. There might be a clog in the outlet, try loosening it with a fork.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Then the problem isn't the PSU. There might be a clog in the outlet, try loosening it with a fork.
    Should I stand in a bucket of water while I try this?

Have you called Backlash yet? I'm sure he would suggest more ventilation via drilling holes in the case.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Make sure to ask for recommendations on computers from the PC, and then just go grab one from BestBuy.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam