Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Ascension Released

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    As if leveling in gemstone is already "too fast". Why on earth anyone would already want to slow down something that takes years to accomplish to smell the roses is funny to me

I think it took me probably 10 years to cap my first character (this week). What kind of sick person would want to increase the length of that grind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    I think Drumpel was specifically waiting for this before continuing to develop his warmage, so that makes 1 person haha (though may be someone else with the warmage but I know it is someone!)
    Between trying to max weekly essence on my two wizards (which sometimes I don't even do....maybe I'm too lazy or because it gets boring...I don't know) I now can also get back to my warmage.

He's level 55 and got 2 freebie ATPs for milestones (level 20 and 40). He is capped on his AU ranks , 57, and with his outstanding milestone achievement points his AU is now at 59! 3 more AU ranks between leveling normally or ATPs and his +8 AU leg greaves I can get him in his much improved studded leather armor sooner rather than later. 70 AU ranks gets him to the minimum spell hindrance of 9% in studded leather. With him being gimped in spell ranks he only needs to keep 902/506/909 active while hunting because he doesn't have any other spells he can use that would work (CS is too low without spell ranks and he just only knows up to 520 and 913). Right now I have him out about 15-18 minutes to max his exp pool with a 50/50 split for ascension experience. So he needs to recast 506 15-18 times, 902 maybe half that amount and 909 just a couple of times since he doesn't need it all that often (cman feint at 4 ranks generally opens up his targets enough to not needing to knock them prone). Out of those 25-30 casts he needs to do out hunting, he sees maybe 3 spell hindrance failures on average.

After that, I can work on building up ATPs and see what useful skills come around for Tier 2 and Tier 3 levels.

I'm hoping they keep a Tier 2 skill that helps reduce casting hindrance (probably every rank reduces it by 1% if I had to guess)
    They also suggested a skill (don't recall if it was Tier 2 or 3) that negates some known spell rank penalty for redux.

If they keep those two skills they could be a good boon to my warmage. Reduce spell hindrance (since I want him in Brig or possibly Chain Mail by cap....if he's viable by then) and then boost his redux a little by offsetting some of the known spell rank penalty.

My ATP goals:
    5 AU ranks
    Hold off to see what T2/T3 skills come along
    5 STR bonus
    5 OHE ranks
    5 CMAN ranks
    5 PF ranks
    (maybe 5 Shield Use ranks....depends if they eventually allow shield skills to be used with all classes)
    Pump ATPs into AU after all that and get into brig or chain mail. Chain mail will only be viable if they keep the suggested skill to reduce spell hindrance. Without it, the spell hindrance would probably be too much to handle and allow successful hunts.

The best a wizard can do with Ascension + max enahncives is get AU ranks to 201 (101 from normal skills +50 from ATP +50 from enahancives).
    201 AU ranks is still 9 ranks under the 210 needed to have max reduced spell hindrance in chain mail. I think that would be around 18% spell hindrance. If I don't use enchancives, chain mail spell hindrance would probably be closer to 30% at 151 ranks...and that would be brutal. Even if a paladin had 5 ranks of armor fluidity I could get, that's only 50% off the base hindrance (16% is base hindrance for wizard in chain mail, so only 8% reduction would be achieved) and 20+% hindrance would still be pretty bad.

So, here's hoping for an Ascension skill that allows reduction of spell hindrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Good point on strength. Now how the heck are you going to manage 20 ATPs a month?
    I can do 45-50K exp a week with my wizards with Lumnis active and needing to cap weekly essence. Roughly 12 hours (give or take an hour, depending on what I'm doing). Set your Ascension exp to 100% at cap and that's 1 ATP a week.

Getting 4 ATPs a month should be pretty simple for anyone with 10-15 hours of hunting/experience earning time a week.

Also, don't forget that you can use Instant Mind Clears to absorb up to 1000 exp instantly. If you're sitting a shit ton of them you can blow through enough exp for a few ATPs as well. One of my wizards has 70+. He can fill his experience bucket so fast he could use 3-4 instant mind clears a hunt before running out of mana or filling his essence pool.

Basically, at a minimum - 4 ATPs a month is doable. A more dedicated player could probably get 2 ATPs a week.
    Also, don't forget you can reset your Lumnis schedule twice a year. So 2 weeks in a year you're pretty much guaranteed 2 ATPs a week if you utilize the Lumnis Schedules method.

52-100 ATPs a years is where most people will probably fall into. A few folk that never sleep, buy the crap out of RPA orbs and so on....probably upwards of 150+ ATPs.

I can do 45-50K exp a week with my wizards with Lumnis active and needing to cap weekly essence. Roughly 12 hours (give or take an hour, depending on what I'm doing). Set your Ascension exp to 100% at cap and that's 1 ATP a week.

Getting 4 ATPs a month should be pretty simple for anyone with 10-15 hours of hunting/experience earning time a week.

Also, don't forget that you can use Instant Mind Clears to absorb up to 1000 exp instantly. If you're sitting a shit ton of them you can blow through enough exp for a few ATPs as well. One of my wizards has 70+. He can fill his experience bucket so fast he could use 3-4 instant mind clears a hunt before running out of mana or filling his essence pool.

Basically, at a minimum - 4 ATPs a month is doable. A more dedicated player could probably get 2 ATPs a week.
    Also, don't forget you can reset your Lumnis schedule twice a year. So 2 weeks in a year you're pretty much guaranteed 2 ATPs a week if you utilize the Lumnis Schedules method.

52-100 ATPs a years is where most people will probably fall into. A few folk that never sleep, buy the crap out of RPA orbs and so on....probably upwards of 150+ ATPs. - Drumpel
    Still a long way from 20 ATPs a month, which is a million exp per month. Roblar is pretty clever though, when it comes to experience gain.

I do think your expression of how this system makes a very big difference for some mutant character types though. I think a lot of pures who dabbled in melee attacks so they could bring down the occasional Vvrael Destroyer, are going to find it a whole lot easier now. It'll still cost a lot though.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 09-18-2020 at 09:35 AM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    As if leveling in gemstone is already "too fast". Why on earth anyone would already want to slow down something that takes years to accomplish to smell the roses is funny to me

I think it took me probably 10 years to cap my first character (this week). What kind of sick person would want to increase the length of that grind?
    That phat mid 60s loot I'm always hearing about. Probably.
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Remember, I'm a tiny dick pussy.