Thread: Wizard essence gain weekly reset extension feature! Or bug?

Default Wizard essence gain weekly reset extension feature! Or bug?

I've been kind of slacking the past couple of weeks on capping weekly essence.....just didn't feel like it I guess.

This week's essence, though, I've come across a way to extend out my current weekly gain even though my week ended. My last 7 days to build my essence technically ended a short while ago, but I've found a way to build my essence pool and absorb more essence against my previous week after my 7 days for that week are up.

So, the last 1000 essence I absorbed should have fallen on this week's essence, but it actually applied to my previous week's.

Cool feature! Yeah for me!

Yeah, yeah...I know it's probably best to call it a bug and not a feature. It's not a game breaking bug, just something that gives me a bit of an opportunity to build that last 1000 essence from the past week.

There's a bug with the essence potions that's been there since the day it was released. The only way to reset your essence timer is to kill something or have unabsorbed essence in your mind, if you drank your essence potion without resetting your essence meter the potion was applied to last weeks essence gain. If you'd already reached the cap you gained 0 essence and wasted 1 sip of your potion with no way of adding more sips, the potions have been fixed now so wasting a sip isn't an issue.
    Last edited by Winter; 09-01-2020 at 02:38 PM.

I don't have any infused potions to use. Just the good old fashion beat the crap out of things to earn essence, method.

If you work things just right, you can build your essence pool without triggering your new Lumnis and then absorb your pool as well. Just need to be quick with the tools Simu has provided us so you don't absorb any experience on an experience pulse. It's just tedious keeping tabs on the 60 second experience pulse timer and making sure you have a LTE or Instant Mind Clear to empty your mind of exp before the pulse hits.

I usually wait for essence pulse, then I kill 2-4 creatures within the first 50 seconds, empty my mind again and wait for the essence pulse. Rinse and repeat. It's a bit tedious, but it let me finish my previous week's max essence before I let my new week start.

Isn't that clever I didn't think of that.