Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Republican convention 2020

Default The Republican convention 2020

Looks like a family reunion.

Jokes aside, I’m actually interested in hearing what plan they have laid out for the next 4 years... I hope it doesn’t turn into another campaign rally.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Must be tough to find Republicans willing to stand up and gush over him, gotta cover with nepotism.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Must be tough to find Republicans willing to stand up and gush over him, gotta cover with nepotism.
    Wasn’t Kevin McCarthy bitching earlier about Biden and nepotism regarding his son? How funny.
    The idiot award goes to…

The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

And then break Federal law by using Federal property for political purposes
    This entire thing is classic Trump corruption at its classiest

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post

Looks like a family reunion.

Jokes aside, I’m actually interested in hearing what plan they have laid out for the next 4 years... I hope it doesn’t turn into another campaign rally.
    Pretty sure they will be a substantial improvement over this crew:

Let's not forget the plagiarist Biden who again is being accused of substantial plagiarism for his acceptance speech. Seems like this kind of thing derailed him before. I guess he forgot.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

As apposed to presenting a woman that kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered a gay man as an upstanding citizen.

A V.P. candidate that withheld physical evidence that would have absolved a man of a crime. Wanted to put parents behind bars for children not being at school. Imprison people for marijuana use, when admitting to using marijuana herself. And holding people in prison for cheap labor.

A presidential candidate that helped write a crime bill that destroyed black families and communities.

A former president that used his power to fuck an intern in the oval office.

I'll take nepotism, thank you very much.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

As apposed to presenting a woman that kidnapped, tortured, raped and murdered a gay man as an upstanding citizen.

A V.P. candidate that withheld physical evidence that would have absolved a man of a crime. Wanted to put parents behind bars for children not being at school. Imprison people for marijuana use, when admitting to using marijuana herself. And holding people in prison for cheap labor.

A presidential candidate that helped write a crime bill that destroyed black families and communities.

You seriously get crazier and crazier

Anybody know where I can get a copy of the 2020 GOP convention schedule? I would like to make a post for the Republican convention similar to the post I made for the Democrat convention. There is a GOP convention website, but it has no information of value. The Democrats had a serviceable -- which is the nicest thing you can say about a political website, since they all look like something from 20 years ago -- website laying out their schedule.

I read in news articles that Melania Trump will speak on Tuesday, Pence on Wednesday and Trump on Thursday. Details about other speakers would be nice.

Apparently, Trump has rented an auditorium in Washington, D.C. near his hotel so that attendees can stay in his D.C. hotel, which increased its prices by 60% in anticipation of having a large group of people with no other hotel choices.

No matter what you think of the content of the Democrat convention, you have to acknowledge that it was well organized and suffered from no technical problems. Republicans at least need to match that performance. After Trump criticized North Carolina for requiring social distancing and announced he was moving the convention to Jacksonville, Florida, it now appears it won't be in either place, but may instead be held in the heart of the swamp. The whole thing is very chaotic.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Anybody know where I can get a copy of the 2020 GOP convention schedule?
    8:00 - Yes, We're Still Talking About Hillary Clinton
    9:00 - We're Not Racists, It's Actually Democrats Who Are Racist
    10:00 - Birther Conspiracies
    11:00 - Harnessing Social Media To Spread Fear and Misinformation
    13:00 - Rambling Trump Speech
    16:00 - Joe Biden Wants Your Guns
    17:00 - QAnon Q&A
    18:00 - Closing Ceremonies/One Hour Hate
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-23-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Half the RNC speakers aren't allowed to hold a charity because...fraud.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.