Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on Gaming PC

Default Question on Gaming PC

My son is looking at this gaming PC...

https://vrlatech.com/product/vrla-tech-gaming/

His plans are to play: RDR2, Rocket League, GTA, War Zone, and Valorant. If those in the know could let me know how viable that linked system is for those games, I'd appreciate the input.

Thanks very much.

Take a look at Maingear pc. They have some really good customer support and warranty stuff etc if you are into it.

I know someone who works there, and I also know a few streamers who are partnered with them and love their PC build quality and service

Blog Entries

It'll be fine. ~60 fps at high/medium on 1080p. It doesn't say whether the gpu is 8gb or 4gb though.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Love logical increments for questions like this: https://www.logicalincrements.com/
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

Blog Entries

Just buy something new. Honestly just about anything listed as a gaming PC on most of the main selling sites at the price of about a G or more can run any new game just fine.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

You're going to want a SSD.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    You're going to want a SSD much bigger than 120GB.
    This is correct.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

So question regarding the SSD: If the PC I posted in the OP comes with a 1 TB HDD in addition to the 120 GB SSD, are you saying it's still important to have a much bigger SSD? If so, where do you draw the line on what size SSD is sufficient? I'm seeing a similar PC on New Egg that has a 512 GB SSD, but no HDD.

And let me just say I appreciate everyone's help. Gaming PC's aren't something I really understand all that much and I don't want my son spending his hard earned money on something that's going to let him down. But it's also not like he's got thousands to spend either. He's got between $800-$900.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    So question regarding the SSD: If the PC I posted in the OP comes with a 1 TB HDD in addition to the 120 GB SSD, are you saying it's still important to have a much bigger SSD? If so, where do you draw the line on what size SSD is sufficient? I'm seeing a similar PC on New Egg that has a 512 GB SSD, but no HDD.
    120gb SSD is sufficient for a windows install.

Ideally, you'd have games installed on an SSD rather than an HDD, but it can be prohibitively expensive depending on the size of SSD you get.

The PC you linked is fine and I think your son will enjoy it.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

So I had my son do a bit more shopping around and he found this on New Egg: https://www.newegg.com/abs-computer-...82E16883102993

Using the Logical Increments website (thanks Alashir), it looks like most of the components are better than the one I linked in the OP, with almost the same price. Thoughts?