Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lebanon ASPLOOOOODE!

300,000 homeless, 85% of grain stored was toast.

In the midst of a pandemic to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    300,000 homeless, 85% of grain stored was toast.

In the midst of a pandemic to boot.
    300k made homeless because of this explosion? Or like in general Lebanon has 300k homeless?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    300k made homeless because of this explosion? Or like in general Lebanon has 300k homeless?
    From the blast. Lots of property damage as a result. Some floors of buildings are missing. Hell, some buildings are straight up missing.

It's gonna be a minute before Beirut is remotely okay.

From the blast. Lots of property damage as a result. Some floors of buildings are missing. Hell, some buildings are straight up missing.

It's gonna be a minute before Beirut is remotely okay.
    Wow didn't realize the destruction was that great.

Wow didn't realize the destruction was that great.
    Dude

Quote Originally Posted by Ashlander View Post

6. Default

There is a before/after pic of a very large cargo ship on the opposite side of the crater. It's a massive ship, and in the after, all the way across the harbor, it's on it's side now.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Dude
    Yeah but didn't realize it made 300k people homeless. That's just nuts. Were those all apartment buildings near the harbor or what? Whose great idea was it to store so much explosive material in such a high population density area?

8. Default

Whose great idea was it to store so much explosive material in such a high population density area?
    Probably the folks who are under house arrest there right now.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

I've seen some pretty big explosions in my day, but....just....wow. The shockwave alone was absolutely incredible to see. I think that is probably the closest thing to a nuke most people will ever be exposed to. Beirut once again resembles the way it looked in '83, as if those people haven't experienced enough over the years, now this.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war