Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Paladin review

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I wonder how badly Spike Thorn will get nerfed.
    it will have a dependancy on spell aim. Damage will be on an aspect, cycles on another.

Same for 1030.

They're obvious like poor people in a wal mart
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    it will have a dependancy on spell aim. Damage will be on an aspect, cycles on another.

Same for 1030.

They're obvious like poor people in a wal mart
    And even with all required skills maxed, it’ll still probably be maybe half as good as it currently is.

Unless you buy a Spike Thorn potion for $7000 that will make it deal like 15 extra damage 2x a day or something.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    They need to fix lores and how they're applied to spells. Remove the awful summation seed crap, let spells grow in power based on lore ranks/bonus. It makes zero sense that a caster gets 10 bonus to a spell from knowing 50 ranks of a lore. Then the next guy dedicated 100 ranks in the same lore, but only sees a 14 bonus to the same spell. Twice the amount of TPs spent for only 40% gain over the guy with 50 lore ranks. It doesn't make sense.

More lores should mean a good jump in power, but with summation seeds they have setup more lores means a very small return in power over X amount of ranks. Once you hit X, it doesn't make sense to put anymore ranks into that lore.

The summation seed just helps players maximize the best return out of every lore for every spell with the least amount of ranks put into each lore. Why sink 100 ranks into a lore if the return is +4 over knowing 50 ranks? +4 isn't going to make or break anything in any attack/defense. It makes zero sense to do it, especially since there is no incentive to over train in a single lore. So, we do what we're good at in this game - we maximize our return by only having to train in minor amounts of all lores.....well, except for Water Lore, it sucks now.

Lore review is needed.
    Weapon overhaul is needed.
    Also, Wizards need more physical skills to train in so we can build better mutant warmages with better redux.

i agree with this, except mutant warmages... that's your gig =) well and we're supposed to talking about paladins

Quote Originally Posted by Realk View Post
    i agree with this, except mutant warmages... that's your gig =) well and we're supposed to talking about paladins
    Paladins are kind of like mutant warmages of warriors/clerics.

Ummm, give me more SMITEs to INCARNATE when using 1650. And please, don't mess, please, with anything else, please. Please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur-de-me View Post
    It seems like 525 is long overdue for a replacement or revamp of some kind (not that wizards need more at the moment)
    525 matters. There's 26 bolt spells and 1 ultimate destruction button and which one gets commonly targeted for removal. Leave the option there to just destroy everything.
    There are spell slots that they don't want to fill because of the number of the slot. I recently returned and the game now has more places to use it and is on the path for more, unintended though I'm sure.

Blog Entries

Meh, 525 would see much more use if it were reworked. It's mostly a liability otherwise.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Meh, 525 would see much more use if it were reworked. It's mostly a liability otherwise.
    The problem is if the current dev crew reworks it, it will almost definitely be mediocre at best and probably worthy of a level 5 spell slot instead of 25. And probably have some stupid seed 10 bullshit attached to it requiring like 800 ranks of lore to make it worth using.

The only spell that came out better overall at the end of the wizard review was 917. Unless I'm forgetting about something, everything else was a net nerf.

If Konacon gets to do 525, I'll probably have high hopes for it, as he did 917 and it turned out pretty great overall. I still think 202 fire and/or earth lore should front load all 6 hits like Boil Earth, but still hit like Earthen Fury, but dev seems remarkably disinterested in any 200+ rank lore rewards for going all in.

I have very little faith in anyone else on dev right now doing good things with the spell, assuming it gets worked at all, based on their wizard track record over the past 5-6 years.
    Last edited by Methais; 08-07-2020 at 10:41 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

It doesn't really require much of a rework. Leave the essence of the spell there (hard-hitting, multiple SMR rolls with spool-up), remove the 'kills caster and everyone else in a large radius'. Maybe have a focused and unfocused version, with the unfocused version dangerous to people not joined, if you want to be edgy.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It doesn't really require much of a rework. Leave the essence of the spell there (hard-hitting, multiple SMR rolls with spool-up), remove the 'kills caster and everyone else in a large radius'. Maybe have a focused and unfocused version, with the unfocused version dangerous to people not joined, if you want to be edgy.
    It would still never get used. These days if it doesn't kill/disable in a few seconds it stays in the toolbox gathering dust.

At this point it's an iconic spell, much like 720. A throwback. A reminder of "the good old days." Neither class is in serious need of another attack spell. If it gets modernized it will inevitably be less powerful. I hope they never touch either of them. There is no reason to.