Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Paladin review

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Wand gloves off the shelf are only 50k silvers, I'll be shooting lightning bolts like a proper Druid if this goes through.
    No need for even that. Rangers have access to minor spirituals, which have fire spirit (111).

Blog Entries

Web bolt + fire spirit = hooray beer
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Web bolt + fire spirit = hooray beer

Totally going to fixskill to 2x spell aim just for shits and giggles.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

rangers are getting a substantial review also and i believe they've said that both rangers and paladins will have more or less supported casting-focused path. Changing 118 from CS to SMRv2 (which may or may not leverage spell aim) has been mentioned, plus potential new spells / effects like a 609 laser. When people were just spitballing about the idea also kinda joked about a rune/hexblade type weapon that Estild said he thought was a neat idea that could partially scale off say spellaim ranks, and do different damage than slash/puncture/crush (for the main weapon damage, not a flare).

So for now...nothing? but it opens up a lot of design potential going forward.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

Maybe they've seen the power of my redux warmage! They're panicking about how awesome it is so they're starting to throw all sorts of shit at the wall for other professions so they can mutant out other builds and siphon more money at DR (and other events) for one-off items/weapons/spells.

My warmage will be unfuckingstopabble! HAHAHAHAHA!

On the other hand. You know how it goes for them. They get on a roll with things and then start making stupid changes.

I want armor and shield skills applicable for all professions and a weapon overhaul done (properly). Not some stupid ass CM like they're dishing out for monks so they can TWC with a quarterstaff once you've capped, trained in TWC and brawling as well as whatever other stupid ass abilities it requires just so you can basically mstrike with a horribly sub-par weapon THW and punch at the same time.

I just imaging a couple of people doing a slap fight when I think of this CM.

I wish when you do a major revamping of skill costs, like what they are doing with spell aiming, (as bard i'm still at a loss as to why i would want to 2x spell aim),they would review a broader range of spells. It seems like 525 is long overdue for a replacement or revamp of some kind (not that wizards need more at the moment), but beyond that they could be looking at replacing or revamping the minor elemental circle. I would not mind at all if 409, 416 and 418 were changed or redone completely, make um bolts, and 2x spell aim might be worth it, but I can't see them releasing any kinda bolt that would make a bard stop using 1030 and switch to bolting. I hope I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Fleur-de-me; 08-04-2020 at 03:20 PM.
    “One of the hardest things about giving up any kind of prejudice is being honest with yourself. It’s not easy to say, ‘For nineteen years I’ve been living and believing a certain way and I’m beginning to wonder if what I believed is right.’ Then you go a little further and start admitting, ‘No, I KNOW what I believed is not right. I have no right to feel that way.” - Charlie Daniels

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur-de-me View Post
    I wish when you do a major revamping of skill costs, like what they are doing with spell aiming, (as bard i'm still at a loss as to why i would want to 2x spell aim),they would review a broader range of spells. It seems like 525 is long overdue for a replacement or revamp of some kind (not that wizards need more at the moment), but beyond that they could be looking at replacing or revamping the minor elemental circle. I would not mind at all if 409, 416 and 418 were changed or redone completely, make um bolts, and 2x spell aim might be worth it, but I can't see them releasing any kinda bolt that would make a bard stop using 1030 and switch to bolting. I hope I'm wrong.
    I've always like the idea of an aimable meteor.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur-de-me View Post
    They need to fix lores and how they're applied to spells. Remove the awful summation seed crap, let spells grow in power based on lore ranks/bonus. It makes zero sense that a caster gets 10 bonus to a spell from knowing 50 ranks of a lore. Then the next guy dedicated 100 ranks in the same lore, but only sees a 14 bonus to the same spell. Twice the amount of TPs spent for only 40% gain over the guy with 50 lore ranks. It doesn't make sense.

More lores should mean a good jump in power, but with summation seeds they have setup more lores means a very small return in power over X amount of ranks. Once you hit X, it doesn't make sense to put anymore ranks into that lore.

The summation seed just helps players maximize the best return out of every lore for every spell with the least amount of ranks put into each lore. Why sink 100 ranks into a lore if the return is +4 over knowing 50 ranks? +4 isn't going to make or break anything in any attack/defense. It makes zero sense to do it, especially since there is no incentive to over train in a single lore. So, we do what we're good at in this game - we maximize our return by only having to train in minor amounts of all lores.....well, except for Water Lore, it sucks now.

Lore review is needed.
    Weapon overhaul is needed.
    Also, Wizards need more physical skills to train in so we can build better mutant warmages with better redux.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Mestys has always done good things for rangers. I trust him to improve what exists rather than fucking it up.
    They did say there's at least one spell to increase AS but really not much other info other than they're aware rangers have AS problems
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

I wonder how badly Spike Thorn will get nerfed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible