Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Camping

Also of note. When we portage from Sitka to Cherokee, we cross the Laurentian divide. I asked our outfitter about the current in about a 4 mile stretch of river on the return part of the trip. I couldn't tell from the map if it was up stream or down. She said there's very little current in that stretch, because of its proximity to the divide.

Need to finish packing...
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

I used to go camping/canoing often. Mostly up in Arkansas or Oklahoma. Fun times.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

My idea of camping is a modern cabin with heat, electricity, and a hot tub.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    My idea of camping is a modern cabin with heat, electricity, and a hot tub.
    That is called going to a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That is called going to a hotel.
    Exactly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Exactly.
    Imagine that, the liberal roughing it in the wild, and the conservative cucking it out in a hotel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Imagine that, the liberal roughing it in the wild, and the conservative cucking it out in a hotel.
    I also don't hunt and don't like sports.

On the drive back home. It was a crazy trip. In spite of falling on a submerged rock and cracking some ribs, I still had a good time. We were about halfway through the trip, and in a place where there was no easy way to cut the trip short, so we decided to push on. I could carry a pack, but not a canoe, so we switched up who was doing what and pressed on. Tightening up a life vest as a jury rigged compression vest was a life saver. Also chomping down all the pain killers we had.

Positive elements of the trip: just about perfect weather except it rained all night on day 4. As a bonus, thunder echoed off the cliffs for a good 20 seconds with each lightning strike. It was spectacular. The wilderness was fantastic.

We had some really brutal portages, but still had a great time. Looking forward to a shower and a normal bed.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Jesus, man. I'm sorry to hear about the ribs. I'm glad it was a good trip otherwise!
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    On the drive back home. It was a crazy trip. In spite of falling on a submerged rock and cracking some ribs, I still had a good time. We were about halfway through the trip, and in a place where there was no easy way to cut the trip short, so we decided to push on. I could carry a pack, but not a canoe, so we switched up who was doing what and pressed on. Tightening up a life vest as a jury rigged compression vest was a life saver. Also chomping down all the pain killers we had.

Positive elements of the trip: just about perfect weather except it rained all night on day 4. As a bonus, thunder echoed off the cliffs for a good 20 seconds with each lightning strike. It was spectacular. The wilderness was fantastic.

We had some really brutal portages, but still had a great time. Looking forward to a shower and a normal bed.
    How many pain killers did you have? Lol
    standing between the living and the dead