Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schools Reopening

Unhappy Schools Reopening

Some other countries have reopened their schools to in-person classes with little effect on their COVID infection rates. Will it work in the US? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Those other countries got the virus under control in the community before reopening schools. The virus is more out of control in the US than in almost any other country in the world. Reopening schools has the potential to be a disaster. And when I use the word "disaster," I mean it in its literal traditional unexaggerated sense.

Politically, the blame for a viral disaster related to school reopening can be laid squarely at the feet of the President, who repeatedly said that schools must reopen, who threatened to cut off federal funds from schools systems that do not resume in-person classes, who said his own CDC's guidance was too tough for schools, and who, in contrast, said it is too dangerous to open polling places in November.

When stories start to arrive about a few children bringing home the virus and making themselves orphans, can you imagine how it will affect politics? It's not too late for the President to change course and save himself from a horrendous backlash.

Three months from now, when it will be obvious that I was correct, you will want to look back with the benefit of hindsight and say of course anybody should have known better than to open schools in areas where the virus was out of control. If you think that, then now is the time to speak up. Speak now, before the many teacher funerals and before the swell in the number of orphans.

“This should show you how actively kids can transmit it,” he said. “If you have a low prevalence in your community, you can start to do things. If you have rampant and rapid community spread, then there is no opening school, there is no opening colleges. It is not going to work.”

More...
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Only in America can loony people in charge of our government insist kids NOT get an education while the teachers are free to go on vacations and enjoy life as usual. Oh yeah and of course continue to get paid.

It's also funny reading dumb shit like this.

"OMG!!! 260 people! SUPER SPREADING EVENT!!111!1!"

The US has like 70k cases a day and has had mass demonstrations on a near daily basis for the past 6 weeks and yet no one gives a shit about this.

But kids having fun?! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

People going to churches? NIEN!

Mass protests and rioting? I'll allow it.

People are going to get sick. It happens. What exactly is the solution? Oh right, other than Latrin and his 4+ month shutdown of the entire country while we just print up money no one ever seems to have a solution grounded in reality. It's just bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch all day long.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-01-2020 at 10:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Only in America can loony people in charge of our government insist kids NOT get an education while the teachers are free to go on vacations and enjoy life as usual. Oh yeah and of course continue to get paid.

It's also funny reading dumb shit like this.

"OMG!!! 260 people! SUPER SPREADING EVENT!!111!1!"

The US has like 70k cases a day and has had mass demonstrations on a near daily basis for the past 6 weeks and yet no one gives a shit about this.

But kids having fun?! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!

People going to churches? NIEN!

Mass protests and rioting? I'll allow it.

People are going to get sick. It happens. What exactly is the solution? Oh right, other than Latrin and his 4+ month shutdown of the entire country while we just print up money no one ever seems to have a solution grounded in reality. It's just bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch all day long.
    You are a fucking idiot.
    Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol View Post
    You are a fucking idiot.
    This is not how you go about proving you are intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    This is not how you go about proving you are intelligent.

Razzle them. Dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmuhthol View Post

I see two B's.

7. Default

LMAO, who posts their college grades?
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Using a college report card to prove intelligence, forgetting to remove your ID# thus opening yourself to DOXing, someone's Asperger's is flaring up.

I don't have that lofty school name on my degree, I do have a BS in Physics and a minor in Math and despite how dumb you say I am, even I know that trying to prove your intelligence over the internet is a fruitless endeavor, ouroboros, a tail chaser.

Good job trying to earn the respect of people in the most ineffective way possible. Perhaps in time, you will learn to respect yourself enough that you stop seeking to demand it from others. It's something that comes with time, pain and maturity.

Life is hard when you are smart, harder than for most people because they don't care and you still have to overcome all the issues you face while knowing how badly other people are fucking things up both for you, for others and for themselves.

Keeping kids out of school is unsustainable, maintaining the shutdown is unsustainable and there are just too many lies and too much bad data to support the current narrative. Our society is on the verge of collapse if we don't change course, not just on the virus, a lot of things. I ask the Divine for guidance and mercy every day because we are indeed on a bleak and deadly path.

Enough waxing philosophic, just a part of my priest side showing.

Make decent counter arguments.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 08-01-2020 at 03:25 PM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Schools never closed. The buildings were closed but teaching continued. All NYC teachers were mandated to work through their spring break (live streaming classes and providing support remotely) without a plan for compensation. Teaching remotely has required more of education professionals in order to be effective in a model noone planned for. Lastly teachers are still subject to the same quarentines and state restrictions so while there's more time at home, it's no vacation!
    Last edited by rolfard; 08-01-2020 at 03:31 PM.

Blog Entries

Get a look at all those As. You some kind of NERD, Bob?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.