Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Combat Manuever Updates

Wait, I'm not supposed to be using a shield at cap?
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Wait, I'm not supposed to be using a shield at cap?
    With the level of gear you have access to Ardwen, you could be specced in nothing and still do well.

If anything would help shields get used more at cap, it will be ascension. Specifically ascension tuned hunting areas. Having a full spellup and uber gear on things tuned to be killed by level 95 to barely post cap characters does make them kinda useless. Actually challenging areas might bring back the value prop.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

I use a shield all the time. Maybe I should try hunting more challenging areas.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

You are going to start hunting Roblar now Kerl? Because honestly that is about all there is beyond where you are now.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    You are going to start hunting Roblar now Kerl? Because honestly that is about all there is beyond where you are now.
    What kind of loot can you expect from a Roblar? Asking for a friend.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    If anything would help shields get used more at cap, it will be ascension. Specifically ascension tuned hunting areas. Having a full spellup and uber gear on things tuned to be killed by level 95 to barely post cap characters does make them kinda useless. Actually challenging areas might bring back the value prop.
    I'm excited to see what ascension brings but also the idea of revamping stamina and mstrike as a means of overhauling combat sounds great. Plus it means it'll be easier to tweak those values in ascension. ALSO...what it means for the paladin review
    The only rude person I met was a taxi driver in kagoshima. I was going from the train station to the ferry to take it over to an island and was showing him my papers and he was like "oh, climb mountain?" and I'm like "hai, yep!" and he made a muscle pose(bent arm, whatever you call it) laughed, and rubbed my belly.. like "oh, no, you fat american fuck, you no get up there", but whatever - Japhrimel

8. Default

Wait, what Paladin review?