Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: On the Gross Domestic Products

1. Default

So crazy people bitching online trump the actual definition?
    I guess that is normal for people on the internet to think.

I say you didnt read it because you were shitting on wikipedia not the government anout label until I pointed out your mistake? Contextual clues? Maybe you just missed my point initially, I dunno. Stupid or disingenuous. Pick which one you want me to label you as. I'll honor it.

2. Default

Shhhh...I know dont scare them off i got an hour left to work

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    We don't even have a vaccine yet and you're already determined it will be way more effective than the flu vaccine and we can produce enough dosages and inoculate the whole US in 9 months.

Just curious but do you consult a crystal ball or a Magic 8-Ball these days?
    The word "likely" cannot be substituted with "will". If I say it is likely to rain, for example, I am not saying you will get wet.

I can't stress this enough, we are already producing doses. No one can produce 300 million doses in a day, but we don't have to, we only have to produce that many in six months starting a month ago. That's not easy and it's definitely not cheap, but it's going to be done, it's in the bag.

I have not determined that the US can be inoculated in nine months, I've listened to people better informed than me who have determined that, and I've confirmed arithmetically that it's plausible. I encourage you to try doing either of those things!
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwannajoinin View Post

I say you didnt read it because you were shitting on wikipedia not the government anout label until I pointed out your mistake? Contextual clues? Maybe you just missed my point initially, I dunno. Stupid or disingenuous. Pick which one you want me to label you as. I'll honor it.
    If enough people disagree with any authority's definition, yes, the definition becomes disputed or even changes entirely. That's how words work.

I think you have some typos in your second paragraph so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Would you like to clarify?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    If enough people disagree with any authority's definition, yes, the definition becomes disputed or even changes entirely. That's how words work.

I think you have some typos in your second paragraph so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Would you like to clarify?
    So disingenuous it is then.
    And no I dont care if I've misspelled words I can use reading comprehension and contextual clues. Hopefully your math on the vaccine is better than your reading comprehension of a few lines of text.

Germany also didn't have a political party in charge of all major cities and most major states that went out of their way to make the shutdowns as damaging as possible to get this exact result they wanted in an election year.

Rather than "do as the Germans do" it should be more like "Let's put petty politics behind us and come together as Americans." But sadly one major political party would rather see the US burn than to give the sitting president another term.

Just look at him. You rightly called him out on missing North Dakota and South Dakota and now he has you roped in on getting into an argument about whether or not North Dakota or South Dakota are even part of the Midwest.
    Latrin explained the lack of inclusion, provided the general rationale behind it, and offered to reassess... but sure, dude.

So disingenuous it is then.
    And no I dont care if I've misspelled words I can use reading comprehension and contextual clues. Hopefully your math on the vaccine is better than your reading comprehension of a few lines of text.
    My reading comprehension is fine, and your sentence still made very little inherent grammatical or structural sense -- asking you to rephrase it was being generous, not disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Tell us more about how well our economy is going, and how ALL medical experts have said children don’t easily pass Covid 19 to others.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post

I’m still waiting for tgo, to show us where ALL medical experts agreed and said children don’t spread COVID easily to others.
    Last edited by Solkern; 07-31-2020 at 07:18 PM.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

The Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta is currently projecting a 35.3% third quarter annualized real GDP increase. This is big, if true! And since in the last thread their projection of -35.2% turned out to be quite close to the actual decline of -31.4%, it seems reasonable to take them seriously at this point. So it's big! It's big good news.

It's also unbelievably terrible news, because it means the economy grew by $1.7 trillion only after the federal government put $2.2 trillion into it, and we are currently incapable of putting any more such money into it whatsoever. It's not quite as bad as it sounds because such stimulus programs tend to have a broad range of effect, as illustrated below:

But as that site also shows, it's as bad as it sounds after all because during recessions government spending has a multiplier effect, so that $2.2t was really worth about $3.9t of real GDP. Yikes!

There is an argument to be made to endanger human lives for the sake of the economy: if we sacrificed 1,000 lives to receive $10,000,000,000,000, there is a logic there.

But Germany's 2020 GDP is projected to see the same -5% as we are.

So we sacrificed 187,000 lives to receive $0.

There's no logic there.

9. Default

This guy made more sense that Chicken Little.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

...that Chicken Little what?