Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Portland.

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    Sure, dude... reread your initial response and then maybe lecture me about knee-jerk reactions, facts, and reality.
    I'm not making a knee jerk reaction. Like I said I have been watching videos, seeing pictures, and reading police reports on this on a near nightly basis for well over a month now. I have known about this for a while now. This isn't just something I learned about from Neveragain's post and commented on it.

Let's be honest now: have you seen any of the videos, pictures, police reports, or news articles I am referring to? If not would you watch/read them if I linked them and maybe change your mind on the situation?

I'm guessing not, your mind seems pretty made up that fires in Portland are starting on their own and buildings are attacking themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    If you have not been following Portland, things just got serious.

https://www.newsweek.com/portland-pr...n-flag-1511918

The "protests" have been going on for a month now since "protesters" locked the police in their precinct. There have been multiple fires and millions in property damage in Portland since these "protests" started. Both the state and the city of Portland have failed to contain the illegal element involved with these "protests".

It's getting real fucking ugly now.
    It's really scary how quickly you turned against having a functional Democracy after Trump got elected.

The kinds of countries where these things go on are not the ones you want to live in. You people have turned into this dark and twisted version of Americans.

The United States of America is NOT a country where the Federal government sends in its forces to kidnap peaceful protesters by hauling them into unmarked vans without any formal charges.

What the hell happened to you people?

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Dude, send in the social workers. Trump should let it burn to the ground if the local and state leaders don’t want him there.
    I think that was the plan until they started attacking the federal courthouse (my bad, until the federal courthouse broke its own windows and wrote graffiti on itself). Once they went after federal property that gave the federal government all the reason in the world to clamp down on the lawlessness. Of course it takes actual leadership in the Democrat party to recognize this as facts, but as we have seen the Democrat party is made up of a bunch of petulant children.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It's really scary how quickly you turned against having a functional Democracy after Trump got elected.

The kinds of countries where these things go on are not the ones you want to live in. You people have turned into this dark and twisted version of Americans.

The United States of America is NOT a country where the Federal government sends in its forces to kidnap peaceful protesters by hauling them into unmarked vans without any formal charges.

What the hell happened to you people?
    Calm down, princess. They are being charged with crimes or questioned and released. No one is "disappearing". None of this is illegal.

Turn off CNN and MSNBC for once.

5. Default

Notice how the cunt uses “you people”? Fucking bigot.
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'm not making a knee jerk reaction. Like I said I have been watching videos, seeing pictures, and reading police reports on this on a near nightly basis for well over a month now. I have known about this for a while now. This isn't just something I learned about from Neveragain's post and commented on it.

Let's be honest now: have you seen any of the videos, pictures, police reports, or news articles I am referring to? If not would you watch/read them if I linked them and maybe change your mind on the situation?
    I'm sure you have read a ton of news on it, that wasn't in dispute; what I am disputing the veracity of some of what's been reported on here. I do actually live here, and my comment was in reference to the reality I've experienced... which is in gross incongruity to how I've seen some of this portrayed by various sources.

Make of that whatever you want.

I'm sure we can both agree that media bias/spin is an incredibly dangerous thing, especially right now.

I'm guessing not, your mind seems pretty made up that fires in Portland are starting on their own and buildings are attacking themselves.
    Not at all what I said, and I'm going to do you the solid of not assuming your thesis statement to be all protesters are a belligerent mob of riotous and destructive fiends; that would be reductive.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

I'm sure we can both agree that media bias/spin is an incredibly dangerous thing, especially right now.
    Videos, police reports, and pictures aren't susceptible to media spin.

Not at all what I said, and I'm going to do you the solid of not assuming your thesis statement to be all protesters are a belligerent mob of riotous and destructive fiends; that would be reductive.
    That's a good assumption because I haven't said anything even remotely close to that. I'm not saying the feds should be driving around picking up everyone they see carrying a sign, but I recognize that Portland has a serious problem with rioters right now and I see nothing wrong with the feds arresting people who are breaking the law.

Videos, police reports, and pictures aren't susceptible to media spin.

That's a good assumption because I haven't said anything even remotely close to that.
    Good, that was my point.

I'm not saying the feds should be driving around picking up everyone they see carrying a sign, but I recognize that Portland has a serious problem with rioters right now and I see nothing wrong with the feds arresting people who are breaking the law.
    I'll reiterate what I said before: the problem has been both exacerbated and exaggerated by local law enforcement. I have no problem with arresting people who are breaking the law either, but that's not exactly what's happening. And I do have a problem with denigration of the right to protest by mislabeling all protesters as purely destructive subversives, and then using that as a justification for selective targeting. Yes, there has been property damage, and fires started, and harm visited (accidental or otherwise); there will always anarchic opportunists, radicals, and other issues with large assembly, especially those centered around such a deeply personal issue for many, but I would wager that the majority of the violence here has been preemptively committed upon (not by) the protesters.

That is the problem.

I'm not suggesting you should take my anecdotal evidence as absolute gospel, but in light of the broader picture it might be worth at least taking into consideration.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    --Order of the Shadow--

Wait, so you really think the media has somehow "spun" their narrative to me when I am looking at raw video footage, pictures, and reading police reports?

I am more than perfectly capable of looking at a video of a bunch of rioters tearing down a statue, setting a building on fire, and throwing rocks at windows and the police and arrive to the conclusion all on my own that these are violent people who are breaking many laws.

If your counter argument to literally everything I say is going to be "that's media spin" then you might as well just stop because that's a lame cop-out.

If your counter argument to literally everything I say is going to be "that's media spin" then you might as well just stop because that's a lame cop-out.
    That wasn't really my point at all, but sure... respond to the GIF, and not the actual content.

Seriously what the fuck is wrong with Democrats? Why do you keep electing these monsters into office? This shit is unfolding before our very eyes; people being beaten in the streets, entire city blocks being taken over, these rioters starting buildings on fire on a nightly basis, businesses being looted, people being murdered in zones that the local and state government allowed the rioters to occupy, and you're all fine Democrats continuing to allow this shit to happen because you think it will make Trump look bad when he cracks down on violent criminals.
    Yeah, your rhetoric seems perfectly logical, completely unbiased, and not at all influenced or skewed in any way.
    --Order of the Shadow--