Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Swing States

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Once his VP pick is up, and once a bit of campaign advertising gets going for real, Biden is likely to be wiped off the map. With his gaffs and the pure stupidity of his platform combined with whatever idiot they saddle him with as VP, he will be hit more times than a 10 pound blunt at a Grateful Dead concert.

I would also not doubt a trial case of sliding Hillary in somewhere because "It's her turn".
    Is that how Hillary gets to be President? Biden dies of something (covid) and low and behold she gets to be President afterall. Damn that woudl be sucky

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    Is that how Hillary gets to be President? Biden dies of something (covid) and low and behold she gets to be President afterall. Damn that woudl be sucky
    Covid really didn't need to put two in the back of Biden's head. What a vicious virus.

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    voter supression? what about all the dead people that will be voting democrat oh and illegals?
    Uh huh. I don't suppose you have any credible, non-partisan sources that prove we've had large numbers of dead people voting and undocumented immigrants doing the same?

Of course I can save you the trouble- there aren't any. Trump's own "Voter Fraud" commission had to disband after 6 months because even they couldn't find any evidence of widespread voter fraud, least of all any that actually had the ability to affect the outcome of an election.

The "dead people are voting!" myth (it's a lie actually) is a distortion of the fact that voter registration forms (read: NOT Ballots) get sent to dead people all the time. And they absolutely do. Because when someone dies, no one says to themselves- "Oh hey, let me hold off on the funeral planning. I REALLY need to tell the State Election board that my husband is dead". Voter Boards use the returned mail to help them remove dead people from the list.

You've also undoubtedly heard those scandalous stories of cats getting voter registration forms mailed to them (!!!!!). Fun fact- ANYONE can send you a voter registration form. Third party organizations are actually a huge source of voter registration. Remember those college voter registration drives? Yeah, those forms weren't coming from the State Election board. So when you see crazy things like that- it means someone bought a list of addresses and mailed voter registration forms to that list- which undoubtedly included fake names and addresses because sometimes people think it's funny to register for a list under their cat's name.

As for undocumented immigrants- you're smarter than this Beld. No undocumented immigrant is going to risk being deported so they can (somehow? magically?) cast a single vote in an election. That vote will have no impact on things for the election, but it could destroy their life. Assuming they could even do it. You can't register if you're undocumented. So it's not even clear in this insane scenario how they managed to register, come up with fake proof that they're someone else, or decided to use one of their 3 Genie wishes to cast a single vote.

In sum: voter suppression IS REAL.
    Widespread voter fraud is IMAGINARY.

4. Default

giggle
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    He'll take Arizona again, if he runs.
    He could, but there's reason at this point to say that Biden is the nominal favorite- at least- to take Arizona.

1) In the Senate race, since April (11 polls) Kelly has only lost to McSally once. (And it was a low quality poll) Kelly has been up between 4-15 (with the majority of polls having Kelly up by at least 9) in every other one. And AZ just elected another Democratic Senator in 2018. So there's other evidence, aside from Presidential polling, that top of ticket voters are leaning Democratic right now in AZ.

2) In the last 15 Presidential polls in AZ (All polling since April), Trump has been up in 2 polls, and they've been tied in one (though it's the most recent one). Biden lead in the other 12 polls. And in the AZ polls, unlike a lot of other state polling, there's been a pretty low number of undecided voters.

So at this point, it would defy the evidence to suggest that AZ is definitely in the bag for Trump.

Could he win AZ? Of course- it's Arizona. (And I grew up there- so I know a thing or two about it) But it's not looking good for Trump in AZ right now, to say the least.
    Last edited by time4fun; 07-13-2020 at 10:09 PM.

6. Default

Of course it knows about Arizona. It knows about ERITING
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/
    Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

“If you don’t believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you don’t believe in free speech.”
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Of course it knows about Arizona. It knows about ERITING
    Which I guess makes me your foil.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    (And I grew up there- so I know a thing or two about it)
    God I really hope I bullied you.

Blog Entries

At this point and time I would give Iowa to Biden by a very narrow lead.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Examples asked for... examples given - Took 30 seconds of googling "votes not counted" - All this year - I get that certain news organizations do not report these things, so I'm more than happy to assist.

https://www.kcra.com/article/100000-...imary/33297339 - California
    https://www.tampabay.com/news/health...rence-primary/ - Florida
    https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...by-mail-168602 - Georgia
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/13/88975...-for-tardiness - Nice little chart with some %'s to include up to over 5% of Virginia's

Etc, etc, etc.

I'm sure nothing like this will happen in future elections.
    Last edited by Shaps; 07-13-2020 at 10:40 PM.