Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Robert Mueller Speaks Out

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    So they impeached him, but acquitted him of the impeachment - hence they didn't impeach him successfully.

And we've come full circle.
    No, the House passed articles of impeachment, thus the President forevermore joins the list of those impeached by Congress. The Senate failed to convict the President on the articles. A successful conviction defense doesn't change the fact the President was formally impeached.

Blog Entries

So they impeached him, but acquitted him of the impeachment - hence they didn't impeach him successfully.

And we've come full circle.
    They didn't acquit him of impeachment. He was impeached. The acquitted him of the charges. He was still impeached, just like someone that is indicted for murder, like OJ, will always have been indicted for a murder. He wasn't convicted, but the indictment happened. An impeachment is a fancy word for an indictment. You can't undo an indictment.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-15-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

And just like OJ, who was found not guilty, he cannot be brought up on those charges again. It's in the past for both trump haters and lovers so it's a waste to beat this horse more than it's already been.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    And just like OJ, who was found not guilty, he cannot be brought up on those charges again. It's in the past for both trump haters and lovers so it's a waste to beat this horse more than it's already been.
    I'm not saying anything about him being brought up. Just trying to explain to Shaps that the impeachment was successful and that the Senate acquittal doesn't change that fact.

But - if the impeachment's end goal is to remove the President from office - and it didn't remove him from office - was he successfully impeached?

**Before this gets out of hand, because I've had 3 pages of laughs - If you haven't figured out I'm trolling yet - perhaps the above statement is a hint?**

P.S. Was some good replies too, was fun
    Last edited by Shaps; 07-15-2020 at 01:30 PM.

But - if the impeachment's end goal is to remove the President from office - and it didn't remove him from office - was he successfully impeached?

**Before this gets out of hand, because I've had 3 pages of laughs - If you haven't figured out I'm trolling yet - perhaps the above statement is a hint?**

P.S. Was some good replies too, was fun

Impeachment is bringing up charges. were charges brought up? Yes, so he was successfully impeached.
    The idiot award goes to…

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    The Constitution is not the Declaration of Independence. (I'm not at all surprised that you don't know this)
    An hour later:
    Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    "That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, that whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government." ~ The Constitution

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    Impeachment is bringing up charges. were charges brought up? Yes, so he was successfully impeached.
    Wait.. are you trolling me now? I can't tell.

Blog Entries

Wait.. are you trolling me now? I can't tell.
    It isn't trolling. Impeachment is literally just bringing forth charges. He was impeached. The end goal of removing him from office was not successful, but he was impeached, just as Clinton was. You may not like the terminology, but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    I means something to some of us that he was essentially found guilty and slapped on the back for it.
    What is this "something" that it means to some of you that's so very important? Be specific.
    Last edited by Methais; 07-15-2020 at 03:08 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Solkern View Post
    But it doesn’t make it right either? Since the house is a part of congress, and they impeached him.
    If we're using that logic, then Congress acquitted him too.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible