Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LNET vs Boomernet or the power of moderation

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Banned on LNet is different than being banned from GS. Or did I miss a story somewhere?
    No, I didn't read your full comment apparently. I have corrected this grave error on my part.

Yes, give Simu $$$ and you'll never get banned.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 07-12-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    No, I didn't read like your full comment apparently. I have corrected this grave error on my part.
    Reported.

Yes, give Simu $$$ and you'll never get banned.
    Warclaidh disagrees.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Would have to hear more about the context of this before making a judgement call. Selema always seemed pretty tolerant to pushing verbal boundaries, it's been a couple years though, may not even be the same person.
    I said she flexed her mod power. That's it. I didn't went elsewhere beyond that.

Context, since you asked:

Dalabro said she couldn't ban/gag people so she couldn't tell others what to do

She gagged him and some others

That's it. I didn't said anything else "against" selema. She is a mod, though, so her rules now decide what is permitted or not on lnet.

Everyone or so likes selema. It's not her against the individual but the status and the subjective rules
    Last edited by Murrandii; 07-12-2020 at 10:08 AM.
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

So the whole point is:

MODS are ok with the following:

1) Racism
    2) Sexism
    3) Homophobia
    4) Harassment
    5) Sexual predators
    6) Pedo

But they are against the following

1) Spam
    2) Political differences (Pathragers got banned for 3 days cause Roxy felt he was saying lies)

PRETTY LOGICAL RULES HERE TABARNAK
    Ardwen the submitive: [LNet]-GSIV:Ardwen: "not like I was given a choice to opt out of bro mode, bro"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    I said she flexed her mod power. That's it. I didn't went elsewhere beyond that.

Context, since you asked:

Dalabro said she couldn't ban/gag people so she couldn't tell others what to do

She gagged him and some others

That's it. I didn't said anything else "against" selema. She is a mod, though, so her rules now decide what is permitted or not on lnet.
    If lnet is going to have moderators, Selema is probably a pretty solid candidate.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    If lnet is going to have moderators, Selema is probably a pretty solid candidate.
    Nah, she couldn't definitively tell me what the rules were. So basically you're at the whim of whatever they feel like at the time.

So if she was like constipated on a particular day in question and was just angry at life you could get a ban.

The irony in all of this was she was telling this all to me in private chats while Pathragers was telling people on LNet that he would vote for hitler over joe biden.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 07-12-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Nah, she couldn't definitively tell me what the rules were. So basically you're at the whim of whatever they feel like at the time.

So if she was like constipated on a particular day in question and was just angry at life you could get a ban.

The irony in all of this was she was telling this all to me in private chats while Pathragers was telling people on LNet that he would vote for hitler over joe biden.
    I can only judge her by my past interactions with her, I'm probably a bit biased though. She's pretty much in the "restafarian" category in my book.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Pretty sure mods aren't needed?

Don't like what someone is saying - there is the IGNORE function. But hey, that might require individual responsibility.

If LNET get's censored to much, it would kill the game IMO - only thing that's kept it going for the past oh, 15 years?

Blog Entries

@luntz I'm gonna need a meme here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Reported.

Warclaidh disagrees.
    Hah - Warclaidh is back