Thread: Looking for some info on an item I have from a while ago. Don't know exact dates.

Default Looking for some info on an item I have from a while ago. Don't know exact dates.

Hey everyone, anyone know anything about this item?

a soulstone-set witchwood music box

I, Akanah, won it years ago at a gamey kind of merchant that I want to say the name started with an H. It came with an alter token in it too but I wasn't sure what I wanted for the box without knowing much about the box so got something else altered at the time. Nothing in analyze either.

I used to be able to do something to it and would "do something musically" but I can't remember the word to do it (tried rub push, poke, tap and prod).
    I can turn it when closed and Open and closed does things and it can hold 2 small items but that is all I know about it. Here is what I know script wise:

Open: You open your witchwood music box and hear a barely audible *click* as tiny gears begin to whir. A very soft tune begins to play.
    Close: You close the witchwood music box gently, muffling the soft tune.
    Turn (when closed): You turn a tiny dial on your witchwood music box and feel the springs begin to tighten.
    Pet/Touch (when opened): You touch your witchwood music box and push one of the tiny gems with your fingertip. A new tune begins to play a few seconds later.
    Changes the music played:
    - A soft, windswept tune drifts upwards towards your ear, like the gentle caress of a warm spring breeze.
    - An angry, crashing dirge full of pain and hatred assaults you, its harrowing melody thunders, like an advancing army.
    - An uplifting, joyous tune, reminescent of great festivals and celebrations, rings out brightly.
    - A sad, melancholy melody, like the loss of a love or the aftermath of a bloody battle, plays hauntingly.
    - An ethereal and lilting song of jubilation, like a chorus of pantheon harps, suffuses the surroundings with its joyful tune.

Loresing says it is 50k and can hold 2 small items and that is all. I tried wands, amulets, jewelry, etc...wish I could remember the verb to make it do something. Anyways, I am more looking for what it is then anything else. Any help from anyone would be great. I have had this for YEARS and next thing I am thinking of doing is begging a game host for help after a post on GEMSTONE forums if nothing comes up here.

Thanks,
    Akanah
    Last edited by Akanah; 07-10-2020 at 04:42 PM.

Have you tried to ANALYZE it? Might not have anything there if it's old enough, but always worth a shot.

I recommend running ;zesttest on it

Nothing in Analyze sadly...its that old. I will check out Zesttest.

zest test told me the item. It looks like a neat music box...just weird it holds 2 items...hmmm. Well if anyone knows of anything else to try or know anything, that would be fantastic. I have been puzzeling this over for a while.

Still have that alter token?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

No I used that...a long time ago.