Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Blatant media malfeasance

Default Blatant media malfeasance

This deserves its own thread at this point.

Remember this story from NPR a few weeks back?

"Right-wing extremists turn cars into weapons as they attack peaceful protesters! ZOMG!"

Only problem is the picture they used was of a black driver who had her hair pulled out and had a gun pointed at her by the "peaceful protesters."

Okay so now you're ABC "news" and there is another case of a car plowing into protesters but this time it's a black driver that has run over and killed a white Black Lives Matter protester, how do you cover this story?

Maybe "Black driver kills white Black Lives Matter protester"? Naww, doesn't fit the narrative.

I know!

A young protester has died from injuries suffered when a luxury car plowed into Black Lives Matter demonstrators Saturday on a Seattle freeway that has been shut down for days due to the civil unrest, police said.

Summer Taylor was pronounced dead at a local hospital hours after a 27-year-old man in a white Jaguar drove onto a closed section of Interstate 5 where ongoing demonstrations have been occurring and slammed into Taylor and another protester, Diaz Love, 32, who was seriously injured, police said.
    Perfect! Don't mention the Black Lives Matter protester was white (gotta make it sound like it was a black protester) and make it seem like a "luxury car" took on a mind of its own and decided to plow into a group of protesters. Also be sure to mention the car was white, because that totally matters right? Maybe people will associate a "white" car with a "white" driver. Oh yeah and by "luxury" car it implies wealth and status, something we all know people with white privilege have. That's the ticket!

Is it possible, just maybe possible, that many of these "attacks" aren't really attacks at all but rather accidents because drivers aren't expecting people to be literally protesting in the middle of the freeway?

Or are we going with the theory that a black man was really a white supremacist and decided to plow into a white BLM protester because he hates black people so much? Oh right, we're pretending the driver was really white and the protester that was killed was really black. Silly me.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-08-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Thousands of people protest in the streets.
    Media: That's fine.

People rioting and looting.
    Media: That's fine.

Churches want to reopen?
    Media: Whoa now! 650 cases have been directly linked to churches!

Churches Were Eager to Reopen. Now They Are a Major Source of Coronavirus Cases.

More than 650 coronavirus cases have been linked to nearly 40 churches and religious events across the United States since the beginning of the pandemic, with many of them erupting over the last month as Americans resumed their pre-pandemic activities, according to a New York Times database.
    Whoa! A whole 650 cases across the entire US since March?

I especially like the use of the word "erupting" there. "An eruption of cases! 650 to be exact!"

Yeah but didn't NY have almost half a million cases and over 30k deaths?
    Media: So? They have a Democrat governor.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-09-2020 at 12:11 AM.

Never thought the Purge movies were that good, as I really dislike random violence.

Watching what's happening though, I do allow my thoughts to wander - if for only one day - the authorities actually said "we're not working and no crimes will be prosecuted".

It is what the far-left rioters (to include elected officials) want and are demanding - the irony is that law abiding citizens would then have their hands untied and be allowed to fight back without fear of repercussion from the judicial system. If that were to occur, many of the far-left protesters would not be protesting the next day.

Odd that the rioters don't realize the only thing stopping law abiding people from fighting back is that good people choose not to do violence unless required or within the law (ie. defending yourself). The literal only thing saving the rioters from being beaten and killed is the fact the law, and law enforcement, are still intact and the majority of citizens follow the law.

Just a random thought, but one I really wish people would consider - because if we keep going down this road - it won't be pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Never thought the Purge movies were that good, as I really dislike random violence.

Watching what's happening though, I do allow my thoughts to wander - if for only one day - the authorities actually said "we're not working and no crimes will be prosecuted".

It is what the far-left rioters (to include elected officials) want and are demanding - the irony is that law abiding citizens would then have their hands untied and be allowed to fight back without fear of repercussion from the judicial system. If that were to occur, many of the far-left protesters would not be protesting the next day.

Odd that the rioters don't realize the only thing stopping law abiding people from fighting back is that good people choose not to do violence unless required or within the law (ie. defending yourself). The literal only thing saving the rioters from being beaten and killed is the fact the law, and law enforcement, are still intact and the majority of citizens follow the law.

Just a random thought, but one I really wish people would consider - because if we keep going down this road - it won't be pretty.
    This is why I have said many times that we need to work at pulling back from the precipice of economic and social collapse. In the face of that, most inner cities would look like Aleppo in a matter of days and the death toll would be horrifying.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Fact check: Trump campaign accused of T-shirt design with similarity to Nazi eagle

Our ruling: True

This is horrible!

Oh wait, the Marine Corp symbol:

Nazis are everywhere!

OMG! The seal of the Speaker of the House!!!

The Nazis have gotten to Nancy Pelosi!

Oh but don't worry, the "fact checker" covered their ass here:

Our ruling: True

The claims that a Trump campaign T-shirt has come under criticism for using a symbol similar to a Nazi eagle is TRUE, based on our research.
    So you see they weren't fact checking whether or not the Trump team designed this shirt to look like a Nazi symbol, they "fact checked" whether or not it's true that Trump was receiving criticism because it looked like a Nazi symbol. Because you know THAT makes sense.

And of course this is explained in literally the last paragraph of the long ass "fact check" and the Twitter post and headline sure as shit sounds like they are claiming that the Trump symbol was modeled after the Nazi symbol rather than admit up front that the US uses this symbol all over the fucking place.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-12-2020 at 08:12 PM.

Good birds look to their right, which is your left, aka stage right. Nazi birds look to their left, your right, aka stage left. I don't know how you missed something so obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Good birds look to their right, which is your left, aka stage right. Nazi birds look to their left, your right, aka stage left. I don't know how you missed something so obvious.
    I know you're Clyder so you're just trolling but that's probably exactly the argument the left and Never Trumpers are making right now because they are terrible people.

More fun about the guy that hit and killed a protester that had no business being on the highway and no PPE on.

ABC Tweet Claims BLM Protester Died from 'Luxury Car' Hit, Excludes Fact That Driver Was Black
    https://www.westernjournal.com/abc-t...-driver-black/
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    More fun about the guy that hit and killed a protester that had no business being on the highway and no PPE on.

https://www.westernjournal.com/abc-t...-driver-black/
    Luxury cars hate BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Luxury cars hate BLM.
    Apparently. Sad part is, according to some reports, he swerved multiple times to miss multiple people and the ones hit were in the back of the pack milling around.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.