Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Characters

Gahhhhh - my chart got all messed up!

Code:
    Characteristic:         Current Race Bonus:             City Characteristic Bonus:
    Maneuver Bonus      GOOD                                 GOOD - City life has made them a bit more lethargic or not as athletic
    Trade Modifier          0/-5 depending on city         +10 in all cities - Dealing with merchants from around the world taught them
    Base Regeneration    1                                        1 - City life does not require as much physical extremes on a day to day basis
    Elemental TD            0                                        0 - There is always a comfy inn to get out of the rain
    Spiritual TD              0                                       +10 - Regular attending of church fortifies them
    Mental TD                 0                                       +10 - The constant haggling (trading) has sharpened their minds
    Sorcerer TD              0                                        0 - Dealing with the arcane is not a daily ordeal
    Poison TD                 0                                        0 - Not much poison ivy in the city
    Disease TD               0                                        +20 - Having lived in the city their immune system is strong
    Last edited by Shaps; 07-08-2020 at 03:57 AM.

Geezus - Still can't figure it out - Well hopefully that example makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That would be cool if you got some bonus customization at character creation. I'm all for more customization.

It would also be cool if you could see some of these other bonuses like when you did info or something.

Unbuffed Spirit TD: 200
    Unbuffed Elemental TD: 220
    Bonus to maneuvers: 20
    Oh I like the addition of being able to see those numbers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Geezus - Still can't figure it out - Well hopefully that example makes sense.
    If the spacing is wrong try using [cod] at the beginning and [/cod] at the end.

"cod" should be "code", I had to use "cod" so it would show up correctly.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-08-2020 at 03:58 AM.

That would be cool if you got some bonus customization at character creation. I'm all for more customization.

It would also be cool if you could see some of these other bonuses like when you did info or something.

Unbuffed Spirit TD: 200
    Unbuffed Elemental TD: 220
    Bonus to maneuvers: 20
    I'm loving all the transparency lately, with the Favor changes and RESOURCE verb... this would fit hella well with those.

I'd love to see Spirit Regen, too... even something like 1/3 Tiers, or something.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Characteristic: Current Race Bonus: City Characteristic Bonus:
    Maneuver Bonus GOOD GOOD - City life has made them a bit more lethargic or athletic
    Trade Modifier 0/-5 depending on city +10 in all cities - Dealing with merchants from around the world taught them
    Base Regeneration 1 1 - City life does not require as much physical extremes on a day to day basis
    Elemental TD 0 0 - There is always a comfy inn to get out of the rain
    Spiritual TD 0 +10 - Regular attending of church fortifies them
    Mental TD 0 +10 - The constant haggling (trading) has sharpened their minds
    Sorcerer TD 0 0 - Dealing with the arcane is not a daily ordeal
    Poison TD 0 0 - Not much poison ivy in the city
    Disease TD 0 +20 - Having lived in the city their immune system is strong
    These are both creative and hilarious, heh.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

If the spacing is wrong trying use [cod] at the beginning and [/cod] at the end.

"cod" should be "code", I had to use "cod" so it would show up correctly.
    That worked! Thanks!

It's not lined up right, but at least better than it was LOL.

Just have them rip off other games that start you out with class creation questions - each question will give you some inherent bonus or some negative impact on your overall abilities.

I remember playing Morrowind and always found it interesting going through the questions when you started a new character.

Quote Originally Posted by drumpel View Post
    Just have them rip off other games that start you out with class creation questions - each question will give you some inherent bonus or some negative impact on your overall abilities.

I remember playing Morrowind and always found it interesting going through the questions when you started a new character.
    Not a bad idea either. Could provide some interesting alternatives.