Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Predictions on what gets changed in game next

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The problem is it's not that simple. Some people have pronouns of he, they, his, or she, they, they, or they, them, their, and this doesn't even cover the people who have made up pronouns.

Depending on how the code is setup it could be a huge mess to code, and I'm betting since this wasn't even a thing people considered 30 years ago when GS was made it's not setup for this to be an easy change.
    Yeah I'm talking 1 to mask gender not people being my little brony etc etc etc, leveling a character in GS is a huge fucking commitment if someone wanted to change their characters gender or hide it I don't think it'd be the end of the world, if they could code it in tastefully I mean.

2. Default

If someone has a baggy robe with a hood up you can't tell what their gender is anyways, or even without it these days.

Maybe Simu can get some ideas from Twitter.

And yes this is real, this is a list of words Twitter is "moving away from" in order to be more "inclusive."

Does anyone even remember why this all started? It's because people wanted police reform, and now we are talking about changing the word "grandfathered" because it's ageist or some shit.

I bet GS was headed this way and Wyrom realized it which is why he put a stop to this...for now at least until the pressure gets to him.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-04-2020 at 02:24 AM.

TGO,
    Good points.

Hopefully the community continues to OPENLY express their opinions as was done in this case.

Hopefully the community understands that it is OKAY to disagree and DISCUSS things.

Hopefully the community does not cower to intimidation or unfounded accusations because they are an expedient means to achieve something.

In this day and age it is so easy to be reactionary, to allow our impulses to override our logic in the 20-30 minutes following a comment and submit a reply which does not afford true comprehension of what is occurring.

As I said earlier, I give Wyrom credit for slowing decisions such as these down. Actually doing his job and taking a step back to ensure that reason, as opposed to emotions, affect change.

Perhaps in the grand scheme of things, none of this matters. To those that play this game, those that seek peace and artistic expression.. hopefully in some small way this is an opening to understanding and reasonable discourse.

**I'd normally say something like - "This shit is insane, fucking morons" - but rationality seems to have returned, hence my rational responses (hopefully)**

Look forward to future conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Yeah I'm talking 1 to mask gender not people being my little brony etc etc etc, leveling a character in GS is a huge fucking commitment if someone wanted to change their characters gender or hide it I don't think it'd be the end of the world, if they could code it in tastefully I mean.
    Yeah agreed. I don't give a shit what gender someone wants to identify as IRL or in Gemstone, as long as the coding works and it's not something that takes a GM six months to do or something. If it can be done easily and cleanly I'm all for it, make some people happier. I do think Tgo01 is likely right that 30 years worth of systems all touch the gender field in various fashions and this would be a super involved update, though.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Yeah agreed. I don't give a shit what gender someone wants to identify as IRL or in Gemstone, as long as the coding works and it's not something that takes a GM six months to do or something. If it can be done easily and cleanly I'm all for it, make some people happier. I do think Tgo01 is likely right that 30 years worth of systems all touch the gender field in various fashions and this would be a super involved update, though.
    Pick the temple of some deity who represents rebirth, Kuon maybe, and stick a glamour item there that hides a player's sex that is available for a trivial donation. Code for that sort of thing is already built. Sure easier than adding new options to the mangler.

I love how these things immediately went to gender scaremongering

Hopefully, they start enforcing policy equally across the board for normal people and the big spenders:

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Hopefully, they start enforcing policy equally across the board for normal people and the big spenders:
    They shouldn't enforce the AFK policy for events that are repetitious and of which players are paying $ for.