Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Crusade References

Quote Originally Posted by Menos View Post
    Watch it and then think about this fact. The director also made Batman and Robin.

But seriously, it's a good movie.

Batman you say?

The caped crusader? He's def a bigot now

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Batman you say?

The caped crusader? He's def a bigot now
    How have I never realized that Batman was such an Islamophobe?

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    That first phase was just a conversation among the GMs- so they could look at this thing they've built and figure out if it's presenting racism in a way that they don't feel is appropriate. Being offended at the mere notion of them looking into the issue is the problem here. I think if players had waited for specifics and had argued for or against specific changes, it would have been a very different conversation.
    Regardless of the reasons- refusing to allow people to even ask the questions...isn't that itself extremely damaging?
    Agreed, but I'm not really surprised given the GS population's reactionary tendencies. Sure, there's a larger perspective external to this community that needs to be considered (being insular isn't great), but it's also important to acquire feedback from the community itself... for better or worse. And that does include minorities within the community itself. I think a lot of people went into the conversation with faulty assumptions about intention on both sides, and challenging those assumptions caused things to derail; clearly no one likes feeling attacked on either side, it's just more polarization.

What the hell Platinum had to do with any of it is still beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosh View Post
    I am offended! I couldn't hold my tears back until I reached my kitchen so I broke down crying in my living room, if that is ok?
    Jesus loves you, but I think you're being an asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I think you just fixed racism.
    If white tears could fix racism, we'd have zero problems on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    That said, things went really south with the Crusade changes in part because those happened after no community discussion on the matter at all, and nothing like them appearing in Wyrom's bullet point list of plans.
    That was, unfortunately, not handled in the most pristine of ways. I'll give Oscuro the benefit of the doubt and assume it was with the best of intentions, but I do think there's a solid argument to be made for keeping crusader solely for its broader connotations. While it didn't bother me personally and I wouldn't have lost sleep over it either way, I do get the reaction to what was perceived as a unilateral decision -- it was not the best second step, unfortunately... but moving on.

Points were made, perceptions were challenged, trenches were dug... same old, really.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

You know what's racist white privilege bullshit? Chess. White goes first. OMGOMG I'M GOING TO GO LAY DOWN IN AN INTERSECTION BECAUSE OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!1111!! FUCK YOU COMMUTERS!!!!! FUCK YOU11!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    How have I never realized that Batman was such an Islamophobe?
    I mean, Frank Miller did write a story arc called "Master Race"... draw your own conclusions, I guess.

That is, of course, after creating this well-received title.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    You know what's racist white privilege bullshit? Chess. White goes first. OMGOMG I'M GOING TO GO LAY DOWN IN AN INTERSECTION BECAUSE OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!1111!! FUCK YOU COMMUTERS!!!!! FUCK YOU11!!
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    The first 'reaction' was HJFudge, who was respectful and brought up several good points. Others did as well. People on both sides were obviously posting emotionally, but the first accusation of racism I can find was from GM Auchand, and GM Naos followed soon after with his 'racist money is no good here' bomb. If we're really concerned with "forceful reactions", that would be where I would start.

Well it IS censorship, literally. You are talking about removing a word because you don't like it, in a fantasy world with no Crusades-analogue, no racial or religious correlation, and to my knowledge no one using it in an OOG, harassment function.

I'm not interested in debating what Tgo or Neveragain's motives are or are not. There are other people out there who don't agree with how this is being handled, even people who acknowledge system racism, inequality, et al. I realize it's easy to lump everyone together into one group and assume that their motives and world views are all the same, but then we're back at the Auchand phase where everyone is being painted with a broad, racist brush, and "conversation" is nonexistent.
    This is correct.

I think it's hilarious that after months of pretending COVID was one big hoax and was never going to be a big deal and was way less important than the flu...you still think anything you say has any weight.

It'd be really sad if it weren't so funny. Then it would be really funny if it weren't so sad.

Nothing you say matters because it's never based on reality. Sorry sweetie. Them's the ropes.
    This is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I'm not interested in debating what Tgo or Neveragain's motives are or are not. There are other people out there who don't agree with how this is being handled, even people who acknowledge system racism, inequality, et al. I realize it's easy to lump everyone together into one group and assume that their motives and world views are all the same, but then we're back at the Auchand phase where everyone is being painted with a broad, racist brush, and "conversation" is nonexistent.
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    I mean, Frank Miller did write a story arc called "Master Race"... draw your own conclusions, I guess.
    And Disney made a cartoon with Donald Duck that is filled with Nazi imagery.