Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Crusade References

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    This is why I have always been an advocate of LNet and PC. It comes with pros and cons but in a place where people can freely express their opinions (good and bad), you can get down to the real issues.

Moderated discussions on Discord and the official forums will never be fully productive as a result.
    I dunno about more productive, but I'd agree with more honest... for better or worse.

Speaking of FotNS, I feel like there's an Inspire joke here somewhere...

Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by Dhuul2 View Post

You must feel pretty guilty when you use this, Stan!
    :'(

I always played green and red. Some fuckers (only fifteen or so years ago) told me I couldn't have four lightning bolts in my deck! Scryb Sprites with Giant Growth it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    Reported for attempted censorship!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Awwww, puppo.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Fortybox again.
    Last edited by FlayedAngel; 07-05-2020 at 04:37 PM.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    --Order of the Shadow--

Blog Entries

Excuses thus far:

- They were drunk.

- His explanation is too long.

- I was there but didn't see anything, I would have heard about it.

- She has done things.

Yet, nobody has yet to refute his accusation of assault.

Now reverse genders.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Excuses thus far:

- They were drunk.

- His explanation is too long.

- I was there but didn't see anything, I would have heard about it.

- She has done things.

Yet, nobody has yet to refute his accusation of assault.

Now reverse genders.

You're trying to make a comparison to what, exactly? Throwing something at someone to sexual assault?? Do we have a long and storied history of people remaining unpunished for throwing mic stands?

I mean, where does it end? Next thing you know people will be decrying foul balls in baseball as attempted assault -- it is imperative that we take a stand.

Last edited by FlayedAngel; 07-05-2020 at 04:48 PM. Reason: added lebowskiness
    --Order of the Shadow--

7. Default

just not a mic stand?

8. Default

If it's not a huge deal, then why bring it up explicitly to bolster your argument? I don't actually know the context or the severity of the incident as I wasn't in the room at the time, but honestly, if it had been a big deal I expect I'd have heard a lot more about it given GS's propensity for drama..
    Because it goes to character.

It shows what sort of person they are. Compare the fact that, however minor and silly, they are willing to do violence or at best uncaring about doing violence...to what she is claiming to champion: Inclusivity and treating others with kindness and caring.

It would be silly to fire anyone over this. But how else should we judge someone other than on what they do and what they say? I get that she is your friend? But cmon. Be honest with yourself. If the situation were reversed, and I had thrown something at her...would that be okay?

It wasnt a big deal because I recognized how little it actually mattered at the time since I was not hurt and I chose not to make it a big deal. I am bringing it up now merely to showcase (and thank you for helping me with this unwittingly) how hypocritical this all is: To defend someone, even a friend, who did actual violence however minor. And it *was* minor. But, as minor as it was:

It was still more impactful than a fake fucking half elf having to show fake fucking papers in a fake fucking town and it just blows my mind how you do not see this.

Blog Entries

You're trying to make a comparison to what, exactly? Throwing something at someone to sexual >>>>assault<<<<?? Do we have a long and storied history of people remaining unpunished for throwing mic stands?

I mean, where does it end? Next thing you know people will be decrying foul balls in baseball as attempted assault -- it is imperative that we take a stand.
    Because of her inability to control her emotions, which has already been displayed in her own comments, she threw a mic stand. If that mic stand had, say...broken a window, she would be guilty of property damage. In this case, the victim is saying the mic stand hit him, that is assault.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    Because it goes to character.

It shows what sort of person they are. Compare the fact that, however minor and silly, they are willing to do violence or at best uncaring about doing violence...to what she is claiming to champion: Inclusivity and treating others with kindness and caring.

It would be silly to fire anyone over this. But how else should we judge someone other than on what they do and what they say? I get that she is your friend? But cmon. Be honest with yourself. If the situation were reversed, and I had thrown something at her...would that be okay?

It wasnt a big deal because I recognized how little it actually mattered at the time since I was not hurt and I chose not to make it a big deal. I am bringing it up now merely to showcase (and thank you for helping me with this unwittingly) how hypocritical this all is: To defend someone, even a friend, who did actual violence however minor. And it *was* minor.
    I think you're painting in strokes that are waaaay too broad, but okay. Being a champion for inclusivity doesn't mean you're required to be an immaculate saint at all times, or without sin; we all make mistakes and do dumb shit once in a while, was more my point... and this isn't a longstanding recurrence of hypocrisy of any volume worth noting. Still: I don't fault you or anyone else for standing up for what you believe in, good on you -- I just don't see the need to bring someone else down to do it. That applies bidirectionally.

I don't agree with it, and I'm sorry that it -- whatever it was -- happened to you, but I think it's being re-contextualized unfairly. My viewpoints on how unproductive that is can be seen prior.
    --Order of the Shadow--