Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Crusade References

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I think Dark Sun, a D&D campaign setting, is the most badass hardcore no fucks given fantasy world out there.

It got rid of some common races like Dwarves through a storyline where a Hitler-esque like figure wants to genocide all the other races except Halflings, which he considered the “one true race”. Can you imagine if a back story for GemStone was like this?
    Dark Sun is really well done. There are no gods because they basically gave up and went away or the setting exists in a time-space pocket or something, so clerics worship elemental forces. Defilers are the common type of mage and their spells cause pollution and destruction of natural resources, causing the hellworld to be even more inhabitable. Metal is rare, so most gear is made of leather/bone/obsidian/etc.

This is a post by me, so I have to mention that there's a long-running MUD based on this setting (unofficially) called Armageddon which is notable for some troubling accusations. Human nature is such a shame.
    Last edited by Dhuul2; 07-06-2020 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhuul2 View Post
    there's a long-running MUD based on this setting (unofficially) called Armageddon which is notable for some troubling accusations. Human nature is such a shame.
    Yeah, read a little of that thread. Saying that Armageddon (which I've never heard of until you posted this) is notable for some troubling issues is pretty disingenuous. From what I read of that thread, in 2015 (the time the thread was posted), some 29 yo dude said that 10-15 years ago, when he was a minor,. he went on that MUD, and agreed to some 'mudsex' (another term I have never heard before) with some adults. Of course, he never told them his real age until later, and when he did, they immediately backed off. It's notable that there was apparently no OOC allowed, so he didn't tell them in game. Also notable that the 29 yo dude posting this is apparently a known troll and shitposter on those forums, at least from what I gather from what I read in the thread.

Based on all that, and based on you linking that thread, it wouldn't surprise me if that dude was you.

Yes, I'm bored today and have time to read through pointless rambling threads.

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    Yeah, read a little of that thread. Saying that Armageddon (which I've never heard of until you posted this) is notable for some troubling issues is pretty disingenuous. From what I read of that thread, in 2015 (the time the thread was posted), some 29 yo dude said that 10-15 years ago, when he was a minor,. he went on that MUD, and agreed to some 'mudsex' (another term I have never heard before) with some adults. Of course, he never told them his real age until later, and when he did, they immediately backed off. It's notable that there was apparently no OOC allowed, so he didn't tell them in game. Also notable that the 29 yo dude posting this is apparently a known troll and shitposter on those forums, at least from what I gather from what I read in the thread.

Based on all that, and based on you linking that thread, it wouldn't surprise me if that dude was you.

Yes, I'm bored today and have time to read through pointless rambling threads.
    It's certainly possible, but might this be a...disingenuous... conclusion? We'll never know.

I read about it first at r/mud (more reading for you.)

Blog Entries

As a result, I have went about ten years with all of two sexual episodes, one of which was fade to black involving reanimated corpses
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    How do? If corporate is telling him to make the changes then he has to make them. If it is GMs under him he can tell them no. Not that hard.
    True, but as someone point out... that wouldn't have been a very good look in light of current events. I do not envy that dude, he's always between a rock and a hard place.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJosh View Post
    Now lets look at a successful PC change that no one has complained about

Valyrka did a little mini-story explaining the changes to the Inn. She didn't use the change as a foundation to express her opinion and then throw it in everyone's faces. This is how the GMs should have purposed the changes rather than opting for the "This is wrong, if you don't agree it's wrong then you're racist" approach.
    Absolutely support more updates like this. I appreciate the convo it spawned in the interest of critical analysis, but it seems pretty universal that active, forward-thinking changes are overall more productive than retroactive changes... regardless of intention.

From my understanding, that was the argument that I was most onboard with -- a push not to censor or change much (maybe a few things that could use it, because yikes), but to remove mechanics emulating racism that actively prevent people from roleplaying with each other. This being but one example, of course. Any mechanic that hinders people from interacting in a massively shared world is counterproductive, in my opinion; if you want to be able to roleplay and explore tension in the game, you have to be able to occupy most of the same spaces... otherwise, what's the point?
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post

Last edited by Skeletor; 07-06-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

So...what happens if/when people start RP'ing uppity dicknose pure elves or whatever that are disgusted by dark elves running around TV and/or them now being allowed at the inn? Update POLICY to ban RP'ing anything involving race?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletor View Post
    I think Dark Sun, a D&D campaign setting, is the most badass hardcore no fucks given fantasy world out there.
    Fuck yeah, Dark Sun -- great setting, love the gritty Mad Max vibe. Brom's artwork is stellar, I think I've still got an art book of his somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhuul2 View Post
    ...a long-running MUD based on this setting (unofficially) called Armageddon which is notable for some troubling accusations. Human nature is such a shame.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    So...what happens if/when people start RP'ing uppity dicknose pure elves or whatever that are disgusted by dark elves running around TV and/or them now being allowed at the inn? Update POLICY to ban RP'ing anything involving race?
    They've said they're not going to be policing/interfering with personal roleplay.

I'm a fan of the change as a player. My Elf is not likely to be happy about it, though.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist