Page 23 of 48 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Crusade References

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Dude, you are wasting your time. He won't get it. He never has.
    I know. But maybe someone will read that, and get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Still made you are banned from the plat discord?
    He's still mad about being removed as PC mod and people hating him on LNet. So of course his reaction is to #1: scrub a dub dub evidence and #2: advocate the removal of the places he got removed from.

HoA loves him (not surprised with all the cheating they do) but I guarantee you once they are sick of him as well he will try to destroy that too.

3. Default

Hmm, that was a really compelling emotional rant from Nehor.

It's making me wonder if I've been approaching the whole forum discussion in the wrong way. The staff side has come across to me as having a very academic tone, so I just assumed this was an even-toned philosophical discussion about the relationship between art and the real world.

But that approach was never going to work if it's far more emotionally charged, and that emotion is hidden beneath the surface because people can't unleash their true feelings under the rules of the officials. (Avaia already basically said exactly this.)

I'll have to think on this.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    Plat and its players call Prime people primates, among other slurs. You get back what you put out.
    Just to be clear, and restate:

Plat players, including me, have been dicks in the past and have also done and said dickish and shitty things. This is also not right.

That said, you do know...Im a primate right? You are a primate. Every human on earth that has ever lived or ever shall is a primate. Its just the scientific classification the human race belongs to. Not black people. ALL people.

pri·mate2
    /ˈprīˌmāt/
    nounZOOLOGY
    noun: primate; plural noun: primates
    a mammal of an order that includes the lemurs, bushbabies, tarsiers, marmosets, monkeys, apes, and humans. They are distinguished by having hands, feet that are similar to hands, and forward-facing eyes, and, with the exception of humans, are typically agile tree-dwellers.

Much like the offense at the term crusader, it is driven by ignorance and making assumptions. It may offend you to be called this? But it is not offensive.

You're a HOMOsapien!

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    Hmm, that was a really compelling emotional rant from Nehor.

It's making me wonder if I've been approaching the whole forum discussion in the wrong way. The staff side has come across to me as having a very academic tone, so I just assumed this was an even-toned philosophical discussion about the relationship between art and the real world.

But that approach was never going to work if it's far more emotionally charged, and that emotion is hidden beneath the surface because people can't unleash their true feelings under the rules of the officials. (Avaia already basically said exactly this.)

I'll have to think on this.
    This is why I have always been an advocate of LNet and PC. It comes with pros and cons but in a place where people can freely express their opinions (good and bad), you can get down to the real issues.

Moderated discussions on Discord and the official forums will never be fully productive as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by caelric View Post
    While I applaud you for realizing that what is going on is wrong, I suggest you take a good, hard look at your overall SJW stance. This current trend of SJWism is not going to end well, it will either result in everyone eating themselves (as evidenced by how, even though you are a self-proclaimed SJW, they are still attacking you), or it will result in strict 1984 style Orwellianism.

SJW, at its heart, is not a philosophy based on boosting everyone up, it is a philosophy based on bringing everyone down. One important piece of evidence of this is how it tries to give more voice to POC (at least, those POC fall along with the Dear Leader style philosophy) not by giving more power to those voices, but by trying to bring down and silencing the voices of those that don't agree with it. I alluded to this earlier when I made the statement that Antifa is about as anti-fascist as the DPRK is democratic and for the people. This is also seen when POC try and speak up with viewpoints that are differing from the BLM movement, and are silenced. There is a right way to give more power to the voices of the traditionally oppressed, and there is a wrong way. The current SJW trend in the US (and worldwide) is definitely 100% the wrong way.

Please take a good, long, hard look at yourself, and the various causes you support, and see if you really should be supporting them, because those causes are likely going to lead to one of the two scenarios are mentioned above.
    I don't agree with you on certain extrapolations within that, but I do think this is one of those cases where someone has actually made a compelling and thoughtful argument, so it seemed worth pointing out.

As a fundamental principle, it is absolutely more important to amply the voices of those who are oppressed than silence those of our same demographic that disagree.

That I can agree with.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    Kveta, who I will remind everyone threw a microphone stand at me at simucon. The only person, that I know of, on either side of this debate to have physically assaulted another person.
    She was arguing with the guy running the contest, what about I have no idea. I was standing there politely waiting my turn to do the contest and she threw it at me. Because she was angry at someone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by HJFudge View Post
    It was Simucon 18. It was during (right before?) the Storytelling contest that year.

She was arguing with the guy running the contest, what about I have no idea. I was standing there politely waiting my turn to do the contest and she threw it at me. Because she was angry at someone else.

It wasnt a huge deal. I suffered no harm or injury. I made a joke about how 'Everyone's a critic' then carried on. It was more bewildering at the time than anything, because prior to that I hadn't even said 1 word to her. Beyond maybe a polite 'Hello' or something.

That said, it is telling isnt it? Was it malice? Did she see me as the same as the person she was actually angry at? Was she just throwing a tantrum and I caught up in it unawares? Either way, yes, she threw a mic stand at me. The fact that she may not have cared I was the target (or anyone really was the target, she just wanted to throw something and who gave a fuck who was in the way or who got hurt) doesn't make it better. It might make it worse.
    If it's not a huge deal, then why bring it up explicitly to bolster your argument? I don't actually know the context or the severity of the incident as I wasn't in the room at the time, but honestly, if it had been a big deal I expect I'd have heard a lot more about it given GS's propensity for drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Wyrom is simply just an idiot at this point. The fact they still have an employee that assaulted a customer at simucon working for them, what a fucking moron.
    This is the same person who helped run SimuCon despite being in a lot of pain from some pretty heinous injuries. If that's not the designation of bad-ass then I don't know what is, and she gets mad respect from me in light of that alone.

She's done a lot fucking more for the community than some people have, just sayin' -- anyone leveling stupid shit at her can fuck right off.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    --Order of the Shadow--

Quote Originally Posted by FlayedAngel View Post
    If it's not a huge deal, then why bring it up explicitly to bolster your argument? I don't actually know the context or the severity of the incident as I wasn't in the room at the time, but honestly, if it had been a big deal I expect I'd have heard a lot more about it given GS's propensity for drama.

This is the same person who helped run SimuCon despite being in a lot of pain from some pretty heinous injuries. If that's not the designation of bad-ass then I don't know what is, and she gets mad respect from me in light of that alone.

She's done a lot fucking more for the community than some people have, just sayin' -- anyone leveling stupid shit at her can fuck right off.
    Your posts need more italics and bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Your posts need more italics and bold.
    Reported for attempted censorship!
    Last edited by FlayedAngel; 07-05-2020 at 04:08 PM. Reason: moar italics
    --Order of the Shadow--