Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Considering Repeal of AFFH Regulation

Lightbulb Trump Considering Repeal of AFFH Regulation

What is this AFFH Housing Regulation? Trump must think people will know what he is referring to. It seems to be a rule that lets black people live in white suburbs.

And who are these "others"? Trump says he is acting at the request of Great Americans and "others." Not so great Americans?

Read this. I'm not Fluent in legalese but maybe it provides some clarity.

https://nlihc.org/resource/hud-suspe...0jurisdictions.

Quick glance, looks like more misguided affirmative action for housing.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Trump did it.

You're probably wondering what is the "Suburban Lifestyle Dream." It's a phrase from the 1950s. It mean government subsidized mortgages, inexpensive houses, women who stayed at home and kids who played in the backyard. The good ole days. If you don't believe me, Google it for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Trump did it.

You're probably wondering what is the "Suburban Lifestyle Dream." It's a phrase from the 1950s. It mean government subsidized mortgages, inexpensive houses, women who stayed at home and kids who played in the backyard. The good ole days. If you don't believe me, Google it for yourself.
    You'll never make kids play in yards again, even Pokemon Go could only make it happen for two weeks.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaalizmo View Post
    You'll never make kids play in yards again, even Pokemon Go could only make it happen for two weeks.
    That's not true, my kids still love to play outside with neighbor kiddos. They ride bikes, hoverboards, 4 square, catch, etc. Granted, they are just as happy playing video games, but it's not that wild that kids still play outside. Kids are 11 and 14.

I don't know much about the AFFH, but here's a brief explanation I found on this.

https://www.allianceforhousingjustic...rstanding-affh
    n Tuesday, January 14th, 2020, HUD published in the federal register a proposal to roll-back the Affirmatively Furthering Fair Housing (AFFH) rule. The rule they are proposing to repeal was designed to give tools and guidance to cities, counties, states, and Public Housing Authorities to fulfill their legal mandate under the Fair Housing Act to actively work to dismantle the racist systems that have led to segregation and a host of poor economic, health, and education outcomes for People of Color and other protected classes.
    I'm not sure how having low income housing in the same area 'hurts' suburbanites, other than possibly property value, but I'm not sure what scenarios this repeal is really hoping to resolve. Most suburban areas I've ever been in have subdivisions and such that are heavily regulated as to who can build there, and it's not like some low income housing is going to be built right across the street. What I'm not clear on, is how far away do the poor people need to stay away from the middle class/rich people?

Its a straight up dog whistle for "I'll keep blacks out of your neighborhoods."

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazar View Post
    That's not true, my kids still love to play outside with neighbor kiddos. They ride bikes, hoverboards, 4 square, catch, etc. Granted, they are just as happy playing video games, but it's not that wild that kids still play outside. Kids are 11 and 14.

I don't know much about the AFFH, but here's a brief explanation I found on this.

https://www.allianceforhousingjustic...rstanding-affh

I'm not sure how having low income housing in the same area 'hurts' suburbanites, other than possibly property value, but I'm not sure what scenarios this repeal is really hoping to resolve. Most suburban areas I've ever been in have subdivisions and such that are heavily regulated as to who can build there, and it's not like some low income housing is going to be built right across the street. What I'm not clear on, is how far away do the poor people need to stay away from the middle class/rich people?
    You see “people of color” and automatically think poor? Racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Agreed. It's more of a fog horn, but i agree with your assessment of the intent.
    Make Shattered a $5 stand-alone subscription