Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ragequit auction 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Or just, don't buy like 10,000 entries to do in a week. I dunno crazy idea.

People get script checked at these events constantly. If anything i'd say OP's spending habits get him checked less than most anyone else running a similar volume. You can try to campaign all you want for pulling the thin veil we have over just buying shit directly from the simu shop but it hasn't been done and you're just asking for it to go afk script when the attention of all the GMs are focused on that one spot. lol

Unfortunately amerek and a few other players just found out how ranged works, and it undercut items they overvalued considerably in concert with them making the system not suck. So mostly he's mad at himself for paying like 2 grand to not bless a bundle of arrows every 3 days. It's fun back reading discord and watching him try to project his self-hatred onto Naijin though as people teach him how to do math and he figured out what he's done to himself.
    Donquix has a crush, but he needs to get off my nuts.
    Last edited by Amerek; 07-01-2020 at 03:32 PM.

Whether or not paid events should have script checking is a fair argument...

But if you knew that in the current status quo there is script checking at paid events, and you were afk scripting and got caught, why so much outrage at the GM who script checked you? How do you know you were targeted on a personal level? That seems like a big assumption. Maybe they were just doing their job and you were breaking the rules.

I understand you're upset about being script checked and getting in trouble, but you knew it was against the rules and just thought because you spent so much money they'd let you get away with it indefinitely?

I mean if you were afk scripting that for that long and only got caught now, I think they are not doing a very good job upholding their rules (which is another separate argument we could have).

Quote Originally Posted by Tsalin View Post
    Whether or not paid events should have script checking is a fair argument...

But if you knew that in the current status quo there is script checking at paid events, and you were afk scripting and got caught, why so much outrage at the GM who script checked you? How do you know you were targeted on a personal level? That seems like a big assumption. Maybe they were just doing their job and you were breaking the rules.

I understand you're upset about being script checked and getting in trouble, but you knew it was against the rules and just thought because you spent so much money they'd let you get away with it indefinitely?

I mean if you were afk scripting that for that long and only got caught now, I think they are not doing a very good job upholding their rules (which is another separate argument we could have).
    I already said I had no issue with the warning, I didn't understand the extra exp taken & 30 day ban on top. you think i deserve more than the warning you're entitle your opinion. But that is not what policy 18 says?

First Time Violation: Player is moved to the scripting limbo room and acknowledges this policy (POLICY 18). An official warning will be applied, but no other penalties. After an account has been warned once, the first time violation is never revisited.

I mean if they can't understand their own policy , how are they suppose enforce it fairly? Also they think I was warclaidh's bard?

Yeah I ran afoul of the afk scripting policy years ago (I wasn't really afk scripting but that's another story.)

They just sent me to the lounge then immediately sent me back to the game after I responded right away to being moved (since like I said I wasn't really afk scripting.)

I did receive an official warning but no ban or anything. I don't think they even took away any experience or silvers.

why should I get warning, 30 day event lockout and exp taken for first violation & player B on violation 2/whatever gets the same type of warning, nothing else & be told hey you won a super jackpot while you afk scripting, I wrap it nicely and put it in your backpack.

Quote Originally Posted by neimanz1 View Post
    why should I get warning, 30 day event lockout and exp taken for first violation & player B on violation 2/whatever gets the same type of warning, nothing else & be told hey you won a super jackpot while you afk scripting, I wrap it nicely and put it in your backpack.
    Yeah that doesn't make sense at all.

I already said I had no issue with the warning, I didn't understand the extra exp taken & 30 day ban on top. you think i deserve more than the warning you're entitle your opinion. But that is not what policy 18 says?

First Time Violation: Player is moved to the scripting limbo room and acknowledges this policy (POLICY 18). An official warning will be applied, but no other penalties. After an account has been warned once, the first time violation is never revisited.

I mean if they can't understand their own policy , how are they suppose enforce it fairly? Also they think I was warclaidh's bard?
    They told you that you already had a warning on your account previously...so you were not a first-time offender. Your argument was that you transferred the warned character off of your account...but the policy is that the warning stays with the account not the character. Am I missing something here?

DUDE that was warclaidh's bard on his account and not my account?

I still think you should take it up with Wyrom or Simu directly as that is a pretty harsh punishment
    Wyrom or whomever can answer all your questions and provide you with the transparency/closure

10. Default

DUDE that was warclaidh's bard on his account and not my account?
    If you sold the character and transferred it to an account that's unrelated to you several years ago, and they went and counted a violation made by said character from last year against you, that would be strange. If that's the case, you might be better off writing about it on the officials or maybe write to feedback.