Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: ragequit auction 2020

1. Default

I'm the first one to admit I don't ever go to pay events but I definitely enjoy the things they bring into the game (hello sigil staff!). I AM curious though how the first DR prices for items were compared to these last few? I believe I've read a few times that things have gone up to really extreme prices (not the straight auction but just general items sold off the merchant shelves).

Could the fact that so many people (probably) afk script these events to amass a huge amount of BS a probable cause for this hyper inflation? And if they are so rare in catching afk scripters perhaps they really want to make an example out of OP (for right or wrong) in hopes of stemming future scripters to only make the situation worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason13828 View Post
    Could the fact that so many people (probably) afk script these events to amass a huge amount of BS a probable cause for this hyper inflation? And if they are so rare in catching afk scripters perhaps they really want to make an example out of OP (for right or wrong) in hopes of stemming future scripters to only make the situation worse.
    Seems kind of weird to worry about inflation when they can easily control the amount of currency in the system.

People are running them too fast? Make it so one account can only run it once every 15 minutes or whatever. Sure people can just make more accounts I suppose, then link it all to the same payment method. Lots of options.

But they won't do that because they want that money. Money money money money money!

But they are for some reason going to complain that people are converting that money into in game currency too fast. Really is weird.

Could the fact that so many people (probably) afk script these events to amass a huge amount of BS a probable cause for this hyper inflation?
    It's the only reason. Bots supply the endless scrip for big spenders to line simu's pockets with and simu cracks down on the very system that feeds its boundless greed. It's like stupidity and insanity rolled into one.
    Last edited by Rjex; 07-01-2020 at 10:23 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Seems kind of weird to worry about inflation when they can easily control the amount of currency in the system.

But they won't do that because they want that money. Money money money money money!
    You're probably right. I imagine they want people to still spend as much money as they can...but while doing it within their policy guidelines. I.e. if you want to stay up and script while staring at your screen for 24 hours...good on you. But they probably are banking on people not being willing to do that. I also wonder how much money the average afk scripter spends at these events vs what they reap in profits and is that the only reason they are afk scripting it (is it a second job?)
    Last edited by Jason13828; 07-01-2020 at 08:19 PM. Reason: edited words

Quote Originally Posted by Jason13828 View Post
    You're probably right. I imagine they want people to still spend as much money as they can...but while doing it within their policy guidelines. I.e. if you want to stay up and script while staring at your screen for 24 hours...good on you. But they probably are banking on people not being willing to do that. I also wonder how much money the average afk scripter spends at these events vs what they reap in profits and is that the only reason they are afk scripting it (is it a second job?)
    It's a hobby for most. I spent almost $30k last DR on simu coins. If the new penalty is a lockout, and a few big farmers get busted, then the whales won't have as much scrip to spend. Personally it reduces the motivation to do anything, I probably won't be doing any pre-orders for next DR if this is how simu wants to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjex View Post
    It's a hobby for most. I spent almost $30k last DR on simu coins. If the new penalty is a lockout, and a few big farmers get busted, then the whales won't have as much scrip to spend. Personally it reduces the motivation to do anything, I probably won't be doing any pre-orders for next DR if this is how simu wants to be.
    If you spent $30k last DR then yes, you will do pre-orders. Stop exaggerating.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    If you spent $30k last DR then yes, you will do pre-orders. Stop exaggerating.
    It's not a knee-jerk emotional reaction, it's just pretty dumb to commit to something when you risk a lock out at any moment. Also it just turns you off from the game in general when simu wants to antagonize its players.

I get the whole afk scripting in hunting areas is bad. It can affect other people's game play. Hell, like someone pointed out, even being afk scripting when your characters are in town buying herbs or at the locksmith and script issues happen can be annoying. But seriously, who gives a mother f'ing shit whether the person next to you is afk scripting a repetitive game or whatever pay event task you're doing.

And throwing down a harsh penalty on Neimanz for this has got to be the very definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face. If I were Wyrom reading the PC, which I am sure he does, I'd be reaching out to do everything I could to reverse Neimanz's decision to quit. One would have hoped the GM in question would have had some common sense in this situation regardless of "policy", but as I continually find out every day, commons sense just isn't that common afterall.

I have never seen a company fuck over their best customers as well as Simu does. Its truly amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    I have never seen a company fuck over their best customers as well as Simu does. Its truly amazing.
    Reminds me of that one guy they chased away, I forget his name on the forums, he has a cat avatar I think.

It was back when Solomon was still the PM and they were doing some big event that you had to buy tickets to and there were only a limited number of tickets. The guy bought like 7 tickets or some shit because he had multiple accounts and Solomon claimed he was cheating to buy the tickets by using a script or some shit so he removed all of the tickets and made some post about how he was disappointed by all of the "cheating" going on or whatever.

This dude was spending some serious cash on this game and he quit right then and there, pretty sure he has never looked back. All because he bought tickets to an event? So weird.