Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ragequit auction 2020

What they should do, if they actually cared to incentivize alternative forms of participation besides AFK scripting is make it so you can do "Super Runs" or whatever and spend N tickets and get N * Reward with a cooldown of N * Usual Time to Completion.

Currently there are 3 viable options:
    1. Spend a lot of time doing the same shit over and over instead of warcamping or whatever you actually like to do, so you can get your vorpal sword.
    2. "not AFK" script that time while you watch Netflix or whatever
    3. Pay someone else for their time to "not AFK" script farm using their fleet of 10 different accounts they spun up.

It's silly and I agree with all sentiments here, it's grown rather problematic.
    Last edited by m444w; 07-02-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    Discord: Ondreian#3875

I have turned PMs off on these forums, if you want to chat, use Discord to contact me.

knifty

Simu probably knows if they remove the thin veneer of using alt currencies as an intermediary between dollars and high-end items, the illusion of this being a game will finally be gone for good. And all us idiots (me included) who are spending real money on items in a text game will wake up and realize how fucking stupid we've been. We can only hope...

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hymore246 View Post
    . I can't sell it either because I redeemed it.
    You can un-redeem alternative currency using the TICKET command. I don't know the exact command, but typing TICKET by itself should give you some guidance on how to get alternative currency in a form that you can give/sell to another player.

Using the intermediary gives them a bit more cover in terms if liability also. There is a weird thing where they won't call bloodscrip/ravioli/seashells (lol) dollars, but they god damn know not to push that either.

A player says "this is selling stuff for cash"
    wyrom "no no no, it's just you paid for access to a fun event and you got an in game reward with it!"

A player says "we should do a dragonbones with bloodscrip!"
    wyrom "WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA BUDDY"
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by malmuddy View Post
    You can un-redeem alternative currency using the TICKET command. I don't know the exact command, but typing TICKET by itself should give you some guidance on how to get alternative currency in a form that you can give/sell to another player.
    Oh, that is nice to know. Last I heard, you could only do it BS with a special pouch. It works for everything except general tickets, which kinda sucks because I more of those than any other type. At very least, I might be able to make some money back now. Thanks!

Edit: General works too as "ticket" and I feel dumb now.
    Last edited by Hymore246; 07-02-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: I am dumb
    Need a way to plan your stats and skills for Gemstone IV? Download my character planner!

Newest Version: v2.6.5 (Released 12/13/2018)
    Hymore Character Planner Topic at Player's Corner
    Hymore Character Planner: Releases
    Hymore Character Planner: Source Code

General tickets work fine too.

Adding a note for Neimanz: I think you're entertaining, and would prefer you stick around. I get it if you really want to bail, but want you to know that I'd prefer that you didn't.

You've also always been straight with me when we've made deals, and I appreciate that.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    Using the intermediary gives them a bit more cover in terms if liability also. There is a weird thing where they won't call bloodscrip/ravioli/seashells (lol) dollars, but they god damn know not to push that either.

A player says "this is selling stuff for cash"
    wyrom "no no no, it's just you paid for access to a fun event and you got an in game reward with it!"

A player says "we should do a dragonbones with bloodscrip!"
    wyrom "WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA BUDDY"
    Lol, big facts

9. Default

Don't like how Simutronics does business? Stop giving them your money. That's the only way to inspire change. Kudos, OP. And shame on the few people giving him shit for making the right decision.

From the officials (red reply):

"Reply Reply
    Good Morning,

As I told you at the time of your assist, we reversed all penalties that were set on you.

The confusion with Arasleaf was because I did not read far enough in our records to note that Arasleaf had been transferred, which I also told you at the time of your assist. And apologized for immediately.

I apologized for the inconvenience, the confusion about Arasleaf, and for the erroneous policy implementation.

Also, the 1st time you were script-checked by the GM and did respond he took the following actions:

1) He thanked you for being responsive.
    2) He gave you an RPA for being responsive."

As I figured it was a mistake by the first responding GM. God only knows how user-unfriendly their accounts records UI is.