Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: ragequit auction 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Script checking shouldn't be a thing for cash money events of a repetitive nature. Silver events that are similar? Yeah, script check that.
    I don't have a problem with script checks in general and i think the the policy report is great because it holds the person doing the reporting accountable as well. what I don't like is that gms going after people because they gain too much exp/currency? sure if I got reported you should definitely check me. But because your personal feelings about script hunters/farmers/ or you just don't like that person? how it happen just leaves a bad taste ?

IE

6/19= 500 plus entries
    6/20= 550 plus entries
    6/21= 700 plus entries
    6/22= 490 plus entries
    6/23= 800 plus entries
    6/24= 400 plus entries
    6/25= 500 plus entries
    6/26= 499 plus entries
    6/27= 699 plus entries
    6/28= 425 plus entries
    6/29= 777 plus entries
    6/30= under 200 wtf( busted) to be fair i would have done about 400 more if i didn't get busted

***these are all made up numbers but if the gms want to provide the actual numbers , I'm all for it ***

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by neimanz1 View Post
    I don't have a problem with script checks in general and i think the the policy report is great because it holds the person doing the reporting accountable as well. what I don't like is that gms going after people because they gain too much exp/currency? sure if I got reported you should definitely check me. But because your personal feelings about script hunters/farmers/ or you just don't like that person? how it happen just leaves a bad taste ?

IE

6/19= 500 plus entries
    6/20= 550 plus entries
    6/21= 700 plus entries
    6/22= 490 plus entries
    6/23= 800 plus entries
    6/24= 400 plus entries
    6/25= 500 plus entries
    6/26= 499 plus entries
    6/27= 699 plus entries
    6/28= 425 plus entries
    6/29= 777 plus entries
    6/30= under 200 wtf( busted) to be fair i would have done about 400 more if i didn't get busted

***these are all made up numbers but if the gms want to provide the actual numbers , I'm all for it ***
    I'm only against them for direct pay events where you have a limited number of runs per ticket. You paid money for that number of runs, you shouldn't need to be at the keyboard for them. If they were timed events or competitive, that is another matter.
    Last edited by Gelston; 07-01-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by neimanz1 View Post

IE

6/19= 500 plus entries
    6/20= 550 plus entries
    6/21= 700 plus entries
    6/22= 490 plus entries
    6/23= 800 plus entries
    6/24= 400 plus entries
    6/25= 500 plus entries
    6/26= 499 plus entries
    6/27= 699 plus entries
    6/28= 425 plus entries
    6/29= 777 plus entries

I think what might have happened was that because 6/30 was when the store already closed and stopped selling the markers, there were probably a lot less people jousting and thus it was easier for the GMs to notice you.

It's like hypothetically speaking if I decide to shoplift at walmart's self-checkout area at noon, when the store is very busy, and there's 15 other customers in the self-checkout, the one stressed out and frazzled associate probably won't notice whatever shenanigans I pull, be it the banana trick, the piggyback, the two-for-one or even the World Inside My Sleeve technique. In this same hypothetical example, If I decide to go shoplifting in the same self-checkout lane at 8:30 in the morning when there's just me and the associate in there, chances are she'll have her eyes on me like a hawk and I won't be able to get away with much. Just a dumb example.
    Last edited by bunnymustdie; 07-01-2020 at 01:52 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    be it the banana trick, the piggyback, the two-for-one or even the World Inside My Sleeve technique.

Someone might have a problem

Quote Originally Posted by Amerek View Post
    Why not demand refunds? Better do it now before Dev nerfs thrown weapons in future updates
    How did nerfing thrown enter into this thread? Did i miss a beat?

They give us crazy repetitive things to do (I capped out with scripts, actually I hit 167 before they went to 4) whats weird is What do they expect?

Years to upgrade a weapon?
    Kinda foolishness overall.

They just lost another big spender which hurts their bottom line and hurts us as a whole. I mean auction items went for 200-350k Bloodscript, Who has time to collect that?
    Greatjob!

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    If you have to ask, you're behind the curve.

Blog Entries

If you knew it was against policy, why did you do it?

I can assure you not everyone AFK scripts these events - I do not - because of the fact that it's against policy.

Not saying it should be against policy, but you got caught. Own it and move on, not really something worth quitting over.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

This is so dumb. People pay $$$ to run a stupid event that is highly repetitive and boring after a few times yet the expectation is for people to do this hundreds and even thousands of times.

Stop with the scripting checks during these events. I can't believe Simu expects people to just sit there for hours looking at the same event crap over and over again.

People should boycott DR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm only against them for direct pay events where you have a limited number of runs per ticket. You paid money for that number of runs, you shouldn't need to be at the keyboard for them. If they were timed events or competitive, that is another matter.
    Or just, don't buy like 10,000 entries to do in a week. I dunno crazy idea.

People get script checked at these events constantly. If anything i'd say OP's spending habits get him checked less than most anyone else running a similar volume. You can try to campaign all you want for pulling the thin veil we have over just buying shit directly from the simu shop but it hasn't been done and you're just asking for it to go afk script when the attention of all the GMs are focused on that one spot. lol

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Unfortunately amerek and a few other players just found out how ranged works, and it undercut items they overvalued considerably in concert with them making the system not suck. So mostly he's mad at himself for paying like 2 grand to not bless a bundle of arrows every 3 days. It's fun back reading discord and watching him try to project his self-hatred onto Naijin though as people teach him how to do math and he figured out what he's done to himself.
    Last edited by Donquix; 07-01-2020 at 03:06 PM.
    Mithrilschlong, 2015-03-10 to slightly later on 2015-03-10. You will not be forgotten!
    usable Meteor Swarm, late 2020-12-30 to early 2020-12-31. You will also not be forgotten!