Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by phantasm View Post
    I have been playing this game since I was a youth, there was a letter I printed and gave my parents which told them everything would be fine and they let me play.
    Now in my adult life I am not consciously a racist, but often people tell me I am being racist and homophobic.
    I'm glad Simu is doing something about this, but I think they are too late, they already fucked my mind and life.
    Now that they have admit to this, I hope they will fix their errors, and also begin to repay us children they corrupted with their racists, sexist, fucked up game.
    Not gonna lie, you had me in the first half.

3. Default

So have all changes with this been implemented?

Quote Originally Posted by LOL BRIELUS View Post
    So have all changes with this been implemented?
    This crusade (please don't hurt me for using that word, GMs!) didn't last long because there was a huge backlash to the announced changes on the official forums and even on Discord, and after the first set of changes were rolled out (they changed the name of "Fallen Crusaders" to Fallen...something and they changed the name of the Paladin spell "Crusade" to something else) even most of the people who were defending the changes said the targeted changes were a bit too broad.

The GMs eventually found a way to sneakily change some things though. They redid a bunch of Paladin spells and they just so happened to decide that the spell "Crusade" was no longer needed and replaced it with something else.

Funniest part is one of the big things some GMs wanted to change was to make all races the same because they felt that by having races with different qualities it would seem that some races were inherently "better" than other races. So they walked back that change and then a year later introduced race changing potions so now players could actively say "Hey I think this race IS better than my current one! Let me pay you 200 dollars to upgrade my race!"

Ah yes, in the end money always comes out on top for corporations.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-29-2021 at 10:52 PM.

So I decided to reread this thread for the laughs and damn if rolfard didn't predict this race change potion over a year ago:

Quote Originally Posted by rolfard View Post
    We'll just wait for the simucoin fix. They fixed halflings with the encumbrance potion so...
    And here is Donquix immediately after that claiming the GS player base are just a bunch of conspiracy theory spouting spergs for suggesting players will be able to change their race someday:

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix View Post
    No one is changing races or having bonuses changed. Kveta threw that out there as an example of the scope of the change the industry is seeing as a whole is (wizards with DND specifically). People hyperfocused on it (i know gemstone players? WEIRD). Wyrom has since clarified that isn't happening.
    Gotta love it.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-30-2021 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    In case it disappears...

Ah yes, that's the good stuff. When the GMs jumped the shark right off the bat by removing the word "crusade" as their very first change in this whole mess because they felt the word "crusade" was paying homage to white supremacist groups or some shit like that.

I was the one who originally named the spell Crusade. Since that time, I've grown ashamed of that decision. The Crusades were a time of severe religious persecution and genocide. Crusader iconography is often associated with anti-Islamic hate groups. I did not want something that I took part in creating to be associated with the same symbol used by hate groups.

GameMaster Oscuro
    Last edited by Tgo01; 10-30-2021 at 02:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Ah yes, that's the good stuff. When the GMs jumped the shark right off the bat by removing the word "crusade" as their very first change in this whole mess because they felt the word "crusade" was paying homage to white supremacist groups or some shit like that.
    I believe it was something along the lines of "crusader = the crusades = racist against muslims = if you disagree then you're racist and you should cancel your accounts = orange man bad"

Quote Originally Posted by Donquix
    Wyrom has since clarified that isn't happening.
    One thing I've noticed over the years is...the best way to tell if something is about to happen is when Simu says it will never happen.

A few things Simu said would never happen off the top of my head:

- Reallocation
    - Race/gender/profession change
    - Making "balance" changes because of Duskruin

I'm drawing blanks on the rest, but there's plenty more. Send help.
    Last edited by Methais; 10-30-2021 at 10:20 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

So I decided to reread this thread for the laughs and damn if rolfard didn't predict this race change potion over a year ago:

And here is Donquix immediately after that claiming the GS player base are just a bunch of conspiracy theory spouting spergs for suggesting players will be able to change their race someday:

Gotta love it.
    Donquix likes SimuPenis in his mouth and will pay simucoins for it.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam