Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Blog Entries

With the change happening I have thought of this being pre Nice Age much like there is an Ice Age. Think of the reminicising on when your character would go to FWI or Cysaegir (or however its spelled) to sell things to avoid penalties.

I feel bad for folks who will need to either adapt their RP or who end up leaving because of the development they have put behind there characters. Luckily for me I am pretty terrible at RP and for the most part am just myself IG so I won't be too impacted but I do know there are some folks who had some pretty legit character development through the games current history and it is going to suck to lose that or those players.
    Last edited by Orthin; 06-28-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Follow my farm - Cool Story Farm on facebook and Instagram!

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    The staff may have no control over the change and some may even oppose it or they may have full control but I without being in the "war room" I couldn't go that far.
    For the last decade I played, wrote lore (even the current EG is based off my writings) exclusively half-krolvin. The fact that Half-Krol are a "dirt blood" race is what gives them so much character.

I'm soooo glad I don't give this company of NPC's anymore of my cash.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Or is it gonna be more like "LOL! Aelotoi were never slaves! Dark Elves were never discriminated against!"
    It was all a dream guys, haha! Everyone gets aWOKEn into a new pretty pink rainbow reality. No more exp from killing mobs, but from sharing experiences and discussing our feelings!

Blog Entries

I'm really curious if they are going to tie this all in game somehow.

Like is there going to be some sort of huge invasion of some really horrible old god, and players of all races, shapes, and sizes have to come together to defeat this evil god? Will cities get attacked and destroyed?

Then when it's all said and done the different races realize they have to work together to rebuild their now shattered world and the Elven Nations are like "You know what? Those guys in Icemule aren't so bad after all, they sent an army of halflings to help defend out town when we needed them most. Let's send an emissary there and we'll accept an emissary here. We can't keep fighting among ourselves while there is evil that wants to destroy us all!"

Or is it gonna be more like "LOL! Aelotoi were never slaves! Dark Elves were never discriminated against!"
    It will be the later or they wouldn't even be trying to turn everything fucking grey. Right think never encourages creativity.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

I'm really curious if they are going to tie this all in game somehow.

Like is there going to be some sort of huge invasion of some really horrible old god, and players of all races, shapes, and sizes have to come together to defeat this evil god? Will cities get attacked and destroyed?

Then when it's all said and done the different races realize they have to work together to rebuild their now shattered world and the Elven Nations are like "You know what? Those guys in Icemule aren't so bad after all, they sent an army of halflings to help defend our town when we needed them most. Let's send an emissary there and we'll accept an emissary here. We can't keep fighting among ourselves while there is evil that wants to destroy us all!"

That event actually sounds like a lot of fun and I would totally be down for it.
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric

lol, wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Orthin View Post
    That event actually sounds like a lot of fun and I would totally be down for it.
    I actually agree. If they made this into some huge IN GAME (not just updated on the wiki) story line for why all of the races decided to put their past differences behind them and worked together for a better Elanthia (maybe someone could even come up with a catchy slogan for this) I would actually have no problem with that.

Not so much "Don't read that old document on the internet! That never happened!" more like "The various races recognize the horrible atrocities of the past but have now found a reason to fight side by side against a greater evil."

They could even make the fight against the evil old god an allegory of people banding together to fight against racism and discrimination.

But let's get real. The GMs are gonna change a few things on their official website and on the Wiki, they are going to do away with in game flavor texts that have anything to do with races, they are going to do away with racial preferences of merchants, they are going to get rid of Dark Elves being discriminated against in the Nations, and whatever the racist shit they do on Teras. Then they will pat themselves on the back for fixing in game racism AND real life racism.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-28-2020 at 08:18 PM.

Blog Entries

[Lower Dragonsclaw, Brambles - 6262]
    A gnarled hedgerow of brambles marches north and south, blocking any further progress down the westward slope. The smell of homemade cooking wafts over the stubby barrier ... or maybe something died over there. A sturdy adventurer might be able to squeeze under the hedge without too much loss of blood. On the other hand, a naked march back through the briars would probably be more fun. You also see a ruined iron and wood launcher.
    Obvious paths: up
    >go hed
    [Kobold Citadel, Hedgerow - 6263]
    A resplendent collection of palaces and estates soar gloriously next to a sparkling river of clearest water in the small, bright vale below. The exquisite buildings sit together in ordered beauty, each more stunning than the last. If the size of the dwellings left any doubt, their impressive state leaves none: Only kobolds could have made such grace in the midst of a pristine forest. You also see a bramble hedge.
    Obvious paths: down
    >down
    [Kobold Citadel, Commons - 6264]
    The citadel commons is a well-manicured lawn cut into the terraced hillside of land east of the citadel proper. The green is set down into the rich earth just enough to encourage rest, relaxation, and study. A revitalizing mist pools in the grassy area, and the rich earth gives way to a beautiful fountain at one end. You also see a tall evergreen hedge.
    Obvious paths: north, southwest, west, up

A proud kobold magus just arrived.

A proud kobold magus says, "I see you are confused, friend. It seems any memories you may have had of this place were incorrect, and never happened. What you see now is the true state of things. We thank you for your understanding."
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    [Lower Dragonsclaw, Brambles - 6262]
    A gnarled hedgerow of brambles marches north and south, blocking any further progress down the westward slope. The smell of homemade cooking wafts over the stubby barrier ... or maybe something died over there. A sturdy adventurer might be able to squeeze under the hedge without too much loss of blood. On the other hand, a naked march back through the briars would probably be more fun. You also see a ruined iron and wood launcher.
    Obvious paths: up
    >go hed
    [Kobold Citadel, Hedgerow - 6263]
    A resplendent collection of palaces and estates soar gloriously next to a sparkling river of clearest water in the small, bright vale below. The exquisite buildings sit together in ordered beauty, each more stunning than the last. If the size of the dwellings left any doubt, their impressive state leaves none: Only kobolds could have made such grace in the midst of a pristine forest. You also see a bramble hedge.
    Obvious paths: down
    >down
    [Kobold Citadel, Commons - 6264]
    The citadel commons is a well-manicured lawn cut into the terraced hillside of land east of the citadel proper. The green is set down into the rich earth just enough to encourage rest, relaxation, and study. A revitalizing mist pools in the grassy area, and the rich earth gives way to a beautiful fountain at one end. You also see a tall evergreen hedge.
    Obvious paths: north, southwest, west, up

A proud kobold magus just arrived.

A proud kobold magus says, "I see you are confused, friend. It seems any memories you may have had of this place were incorrect, and never happened. What you see now is the true state of things. We thank you for your understanding."
    Gemstone V: The Kobold Ascendancy
    Last edited by Furryrat; 06-29-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Blog Entries

I actually agree. If they made this into some huge IN GAME (not just updated on the wiki) story line for why all of the races decided to put their past differences behind them and worked together for a better Elanthia (maybe someone could even come up with a catchy slogan for this) I would actually have no problem with that.

Not so much "Don't read that old document on the internet! That never happened!" more like "The various races recognize the horrible atrocities of the past but have now found a reason to fight side by side against a greater evil."

They could even make the fight against the evil old god an allegory of people banding together to fight against racism and discrimination.

But let's get real. The GMs are gonna change a few things on their official website and on the Wiki, they are going to do away with in game flavor texts that have anything to do with races, they are going to do away with racial preferences of merchants, they are going to get rid of Dark Elves being discriminated against in the Nations, and whatever the racist shit they do on Teras. Then they will pat themselves on the back for fixing in game racism AND real life racism.
    This would actually be perfect and I would totally get behind that event it sounds like it would be a lot of fun
    Discord - Arrolus#0270

Arrolus - Monk
    Aromos - Cleric