Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    And don't even get me started on what the dark (black) elves did. We all know, we just don't talk about it.
    Dark Elves have poison sperm!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Referring to someone as a "concubine" is one of the least graphic ways I can imagine to refer to someone who was raped.

I think the most graphic was the elves forced into the bed of a Krolvin.
    Last edited by rolfard; 06-30-2020 at 08:14 PM.

3. Default

There is a great skit by D Chappelle where he says N***** and C*** that is actually a great social commentary. I thought of posting the actual words, but I think it's important people don't forget the past and also important not to relish in them either. I don't censor myself lightly, they are terrible, hurtful, historically horrifying words - but erasing the past doesn't make them go away. People should remember what has happened, the statues, the history, the reasons people fought and died.

It's like after 911 when sports died, entertainment stopped and comedians couldn't tell a joke about muslims. Then the world started again, and we found it all again, but with more respect and more perspective about each other.

It's true about games as well. Don't forget where we came from, remember it and be better. Don't try to erase the past.
    https://stopthemadness.gop/
    https://snowflakevictory.com/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

ďIf you donít believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you donít believe in free speech.Ē
    -My favorite liberal

4. Default

and that is my serious post of the year
    https://stopthemadness.gop/
    https://snowflakevictory.com/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

ďIf you donít believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you donít believe in free speech.Ē
    -My favorite liberal

As an ethnic non-white male living in the South, I can appreciate that Simutronics wants to voice their opinion on their personal beliefs on the matters at hand.

But as a player to the game, who spends most free time playing, I am not a fan of the idea that the developers would attempt to transition their beliefs to our fantasy game - changing lore to what general society would consider more palatable. This is a little much for me.

While I never followed the lore closely, I respect and can wrap my head around the fantasy historical wars, conflicts between humanoids and origin stories of the humanoids playable characters. I don't think any of this makes me a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    That's just putting a pretty bow on a difficult subject, like when parents are embarrassed to discuss sex with their children so they make up names for "penis" and "vagina" like "ding-a-ling."
    Fun fact: Latrin's parents still do this
    Discord: Methais#5420
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    Remember, I'm a tiny dick pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolis View Post
    As an ethnic non-white male living in the South, I can appreciate that Simutronics wants to voice their opinion on their personal beliefs on the matters at hand.

But as a player to the game, who spends most free time playing, I am not a fan of the idea that the developers would attempt to transition their beliefs to our fantasy game - changing lore to what general society would consider more palatable. This is a little much for me.

While I never followed the lore closely, I respect and can wrap my head around the fantasy historical wars, conflicts between humanoids and origin stories of the humanoids playable characters. I don't think any of this makes me a racist.
    Sir, you're a dog with a suit on and a man purse. There's already a lot of confusion going on with just that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stolis View Post
    Sir, you're a dog with a suit on

Thread, TL/DR:

They looked at the old lore and said, some of this is pretty cringe-worthy... which is absolutely true. It would have cost nothing to let them revise some of that outdated scrub edge-lord shit, but people brought up race and kept making parallels that weren't there and suddenly everyone lost their minds. It got blown out of proportion from the mention of a few minor changes to everyone assuming the whole fuckin' world was going to come down -- which, let's face it, is the normal reaction in Gemstone to the mention of changing anything. And then some asshat kept demanding that people donate money instead of having a chill discussion, but sure... why fucking not? I more or less said my piece, I'm done with it.

Also, Dreaven is a racist and a dog in a suit. And here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaia View Post
    That was my fault, Tgo, sorry. I asked for a moderator to hopefully clean up Vicimers and Cruxs bullshit attack posts and you got caught up in the net.
    Hi there. Something you want to say to my face?
    Last edited by FlayedAngel; 07-01-2020 at 01:33 AM.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    There is a great skit by D Chappelle where he says N***** and C*** that is actually a great social commentary. I thought of posting the actual words, but I think it's important people don't forget the past and also important not to relish in them either. I don't censor myself lightly, they are terrible, hurtful, historically horrifying words - but erasing the past doesn't make them go away. People should remember what has happened, the statues, the history, the reasons people fought and died.

It's like after 911 when sports died, entertainment stopped and comedians couldn't tell a joke about muslims. Then the world started again, and we found it all again, but with more respect and more perspective about each other.

It's true about games as well. Don't forget where we came from, remember it and be better. Don't try to erase the past.
    I actually like this sentiment, especially the part about doing better. I don't mind if some shit goes, but it's good to remember the past.
    Wyrom: Crux already died for our sins.
    SEND[Kenstrom] Behold Dark Cruxophim, Blood Reaver and Weaver of Shadows, eater of Rooks, corruptor of orphans, flayer of flesh...but won't read a letter from some dying woman's diary, haha.
    Thadston says, "Stand down Baron, and your men. Or I swear to Koar, Liabo, Lornon, Cruxophim, I will release your daughter and watch her die right here."
    Stormyrain evenly asks, "Did you just make Cruxophim a god?"
    --Order of the Shadow--
    --carrion.kissing.chaos--