Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: GMs are going to literally rewrite game lore and mechanics to remove racism

Wyrom:
    >>I'm just curious, is anyone going to receive an apology for one of your GMs flat out accusing people of being racist and heavily implying anyone who disagrees with this decision is racist and therefore their money is no good here?

Yes, while I don't like generalized statements that don't feel sincere, I've been reaching out to several people over the last 2 hours. I try not to sweep anything under the rug.
    So I guess people are going to receive personal apologies.

Also the thread on the officials is now locked.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-30-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Are settings just not allowed to be uncomfortable to certain demographics to risk 'setting them off'? Because that's how this feels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Would you sit by a Chinese on a flight?

@Tgo01 I get that we're mostly just being snarky in this thread - but I am curious as to whether you see why they'd want to clean that section of the docs up.
    "You burn with hunger for food that does not exist."

Playershops 3

~ GSF:Azathoth

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    Are settings just not allowed to be uncomfortable to certain demographics to risk 'setting them off'? Because that's how this feels.
    Reported for microaggressions.
    https://stopthemadness.gop/
    https://snowflakevictory.com/

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Click the link above to see how much you owe the government.

"Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
    -Superracist, Joe Biden

ďIf you donít believe in free speech for people who you disagree with, and even hate for what they stand for, then you donít believe in free speech.Ē
    -My favorite liberal

Quote Originally Posted by Suppa Hobbit Mage View Post
    Reported for microaggressions.
    Deported for being white. To Mexico. Enjoy that shit hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    It's kind of silly. Like is this all just going to be insinuated now?

"Krovlin would...be romantic with humans...without the humans...being fully on board...then 9 months later Half-Krolvins were created!"

Or is the entire history going to be rewritten to remove all mentions of rape entirely because that's too much realism for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Alorn15 View Post
    @Tgo01 I get that we're mostly just being snarky in this thread - but I am curious as to whether you see why they'd want to clean that section of the docs up.
    I assume by "clean up" you mean make more PG and not that you think the writing is sloppy or something.

In which case no. Yes, Elanthia is full of dangerous and evil beings and those dangerous and evil beings do dangerous and evil things.

What is there to gain from all of this whitewashing?

Are we comfortable with the lore talking about armies fighting one another and thousands dying?

What about gods that delight in tormenting the inhabitants of Elanthia?

Lore focusing on witchcraft, critters worshiping dark gods to smite their foes, people going around killing and butchering animals for their furs to make money, bandits who murder you and loot your corpse, entire species of "lesser" critters being nearly wiped out so a "higher" species can build their town in the area, evil liches, backstabbing, assassination, horrible diseases; curses; and other maladies, I could go on and on.

But rape? Nope. Not in MY GS.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 06-30-2020 at 04:22 PM.

8. Default

Krolvins fucking halflings to death is gross they can delete that shit as far as I'm concerned, I wonder if the GM that wrote it is still on staff?

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's kind of silly. Like is this all just going to be insinuated now?

"Krovlin would...be romantic with humans...without the humans...being fully on board...then 9 months later Half-Krolvins were created!"

Or is the entire history going to be rewritten to remove all mentions of rape entirely because that's too much realism for us?
    Uncomfortable subject matter is there. If you have the talent for writing and a competency to not go overboard, you can do a lot with that subject matter.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Krolvins fucking halflings to death is gross they can delete that shit as far as I'm concerned, I wonder if the GM that wrote it is still on staff?
    It's not quite fucking halflings to death, it was more like they got pregnant and the pregnancy killed them.

Still fucked up sure.